500$ or 1000$ cpu , which one lasts longer in gaming field

spi_ajay

Distinguished
May 31, 2012
i want know which one lasts longer, whether its 500$ or the 1000$ one , i know 1000$ one gives best output, but i just want it to be playable, so will 500$ lasts longer than 1000$ or less than it . please discuss and tell me if so , will it be intel or amd platform. just trying to save money

I assume by CPU you mean PC. A $500 CPU will barely run current games on medium, while a $1000 will run most on high or ultra. AMD tends to be better when you're on a budget.

As said, $500 is simply not a gaming PC. I just put together a build at pcpartspicker for $1000 without Windows.

At $1000 for the core hardware, I recommend an i5-3570K or i5-4670K for the CPU. Below this price you have to be more careful with the budget to ensure enough is left over for a good graphics card.

If your budget is below $800 you MAY want to consider a PS4 instead, but it depends totally on the games you'd play and if you want to use the PC computer components for other tasks than gaming.

*The best "future proofing" is to ensure a good solid CPU like the ones I mention. You can then just change the graphics card in a few years to extend the life of the PC for newer, more demanding games.

If you get an FX-6300 (an arguably great CPU for a budget gaming build), you'll start to throttle the performance of good graphics cards.

TRENDING THREADS