Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

NVIDIA GEFORCE GT 525M (Dell Ins N5110)

Tags:
  • Gaming
  • Graphics
  • Dell
  • Laptops
  • Windows 8
  • Nvidia
  • Graphics Cards
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
January 1, 2014 4:15:52 AM

Hai i hav a laptop dell inc n5110 with nvidia geforce graphics...I am using windows 8 enterprise 64 bits...I am facing a problem with my graphics card...I have already install the driver provided in dell's website(nvidia geforce gt 525m).when I playing games my laptop sutdown automatically after 30 to 40 second..I am facing same problem when i run windows rating experience.but every thing become normal when i uninstall the graphics driver(nvidia)..I have try many version but all is hope less..please tell me how can i solve this problem.

More about : nvidia geforce 525m dell ins n5110

a b 4 Gaming
a b U Graphics card
January 1, 2014 4:27:33 AM

Try NVIDIAs beta drivers.
m
0
l
January 1, 2014 4:35:09 AM

Do you mean it is the problem of the driver.Give me the downloading link
m
0
l
Related resources
January 1, 2014 4:40:23 AM

eadlef said:
Try NVIDIAs beta drivers.


m
0
l
January 1, 2014 4:49:48 AM

I have that very same model along with the same GPU. I sad to say this, but in the most frank sense... This damn laptop has serious design flaws. The vent is so disappointingly inadequate, your rested palms would start to begin feel the pits of hell. The GPU often exceed 70 C - which is fine and dandy but mind you, this is moderate use! I have reached 9 flipping 5 C (95 C) and sustained for quite a while.

But this laptop rides on, after a year of gaming pretty darn hard; it still boots and preforms well. I occasionally get shut offs, but that's because of mindlessly blocking the bottom vent. Please, as a former owner, lift your laptop from any surface, blocking the bottom vent is a big nono.

In all, it can be an overheating problem. I encountered so many and it is partly due to the design flaw.

m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b U Graphics card
January 1, 2014 4:55:04 AM

^ If the computer overheat you should buy a laptop cooler. They are pretty cheap.
m
0
l
January 1, 2014 5:05:20 AM

dear eadlef I also have a laptop cooler.
m
0
l
January 1, 2014 5:08:28 AM

Konstantin Victoria said:
I have that very same model along with the same GPU. I sad to say this, but in the most frank sense... This damn laptop has serious design flaws. The vent is so disappointingly inadequate, your rested palms would start to begin feel the pits of hell. The GPU often exceed 70 C - which is fine and dandy but mind you, this is moderate use! I have reached 9 flipping 5 C (95 C) and sustained for quite a while.

But this laptop rides on, after a year of gaming pretty darn hard; it still boots and preforms well. I occasionally get shut offs, but that's because of mindlessly blocking the bottom vent. Please, as a former owner, lift your laptop from any surface, blocking the bottom vent is a big nono.

In all, it can be an overheating problem. I encountered so many and it is partly due to the design flaw.



m
0
l
January 1, 2014 5:08:37 AM

@ed
Sorry I'm new to the site and I am on a mobile which seems to not allow me to quote.

I bought a fan cooler. Two to be exact... One is cheap 20$ and the other was a bit more expensive. Both gave me marginal results of -3 degrees. My final result was getting a fan (that's right an air conditioning fan), and settling the laptop above it. This helped a lot but the laptop still lingers around 80 C. I will post temps tomorrow if it is wished.

I even go as far (in hot days especially) to put a ice block on top of the laptop (situated below the keyboard and to the left of the touch pad, where it gets the hottest). Now this is what I call cooling (be wary it can cause humidity inside the laptop but I was at my last straws). That is why I am getting a gaming desktop, to finally put this laptop in a sweet rest, rather than burning it in the stake.
m
0
l
January 1, 2014 5:11:01 AM

I guess that it is problem of overheating..so i have brought a laptop cooler ....but the problem is going on...Is there any solution ..please tell me.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b U Graphics card
January 1, 2014 5:19:07 AM

Try downloading NVIDIAs game optimizer and/or Razers Game Booster. (Just google it)
m
0
l
January 1, 2014 5:19:36 AM

It might not be. It depends on how long you've had your laptop. If you just bought your laptop, that's a whole-nother ballpark. The only treatment for this particular type of overheating is to actually get a powerful fan blowing beneath it. This has been my remedy for at least a year and it works fine. You will experience fps drops, that's due to overheating and under clocking. You'll learn to manage, and love the laptop. It is a great laptop. Sad I have to part with it.
m
0
l
January 1, 2014 5:24:47 AM

Konstantin Victoria said:
It might not be. It depends on how long you've had your laptop. If you just bought your laptop, that's a whole-nother ballpark. The only treatment for this particular type of overheating is to actually get a powerful fan blowing beneath it. This has been my remedy for at least a year and it works fine. You will experience fps drops, that's due to overheating and under clocking. You'll learn to manage, and love the laptop. It is a great laptop. Sad I have to part with it.


m
0
l
January 1, 2014 5:26:36 AM

I have brought it 13 months ago ..And I also install razer game booster.
m
0
l
January 1, 2014 5:29:14 AM

eadlef said:
Try downloading NVIDIAs game optimizer and/or Razers Game Booster. (Just google it)


m
0
l
January 1, 2014 5:29:56 AM

I have brought it 13 months ago ..And I also install razer game booster
m
0
l
January 1, 2014 5:37:17 AM

This over heating problem will be repairable by the expert ?
m
0
l

Best solution

April 11, 2014 9:05:11 AM

It's almost sure there is an overheating problem. I own a Dell XPS with same design flawless regarding ventilation. What did I do? I opened it up, changed the thermal paste between the cpu gpu and heat sink, cleaned up the fan and especially the ventilation holes to let the air flow. You can find at youtube videos about how to do it on your model for sure...

On the other hand, you can also play with some settings: disabling SpeedStep at BIOS makes your CPU to do not overboost so temperature will be contained (but it won't decrease the frequency too so it means it will drain more battery when not plugged).

Another thing you can do is decrease the frequency of the gpu. If your BIOS doesn't allow to do it, neither your nVidia control panel, there is 3rd party software. Be aware playing with frequencies, follow the instructions (search google for your values), or you can toast your computer.
Share
!