Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

create bat file or script to delete temp files automatically

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
January 1, 2014 10:38:07 AM

hi,

i want to create bat file or script to delete temp files & internet temp files in win xp & win 7 automatically. my client computers don't have admin privilege. so in the bat command / script must include the admin password. i wish to run this script via Gpo (server 2003)

please help.
January 1, 2014 10:42:11 AM

Quote:
so in the bat command / script must include the admin password


OK, THAT is a bad idea. One person looking at the running script...poof, they have the admin password.
m
0
l
January 1, 2014 10:43:42 AM

USAFRet said:
Quote:
so in the bat command / script must include the admin password


OK, THAT is a bad idea. One person looking at the running script...poof, they have the admin password.


they can't see the password when bat file saved in server. They don't have access to it.
m
0
l
Related resources
January 1, 2014 10:48:18 AM

You should never hardcode a username/password in a batchfile or script.
When that password changes, now you have to fix the script.

You should let the script run as a particular user...that 'user' having specific rights on that workstation.
m
0
l
January 1, 2014 11:09:59 AM

Being lazy, I would just set the browsers to delete history on exit.
m
0
l
January 1, 2014 11:32:05 AM

USAFRet said:
You should never hardcode a username/password in a batchfile or script.
When that password changes, now you have to fix the script.

You should let the script run as a particular user...that 'user' having specific rights on that workstation.


fine..no offence but could you tell me how to do it..instead of lecturing... :p 

i could really use help here...
m
0
l
January 1, 2014 11:32:43 AM

Saga Lout said:
Being lazy, I would just set the browsers to delete history on exit.


setting one by one for 100 pc's..dude this is 2013 ...
m
0
l
January 1, 2014 12:12:51 PM

bjcyber said:
Saga Lout said:
Being lazy, I would just set the browsers to delete history on exit.


setting one by one for 100 pc's..dude this is 2013 ...


Sorry, my crystal ball failed to tell me how many systems you're working on but at least it got the year right when I woke up this morning. :D 
m
0
l
January 2, 2014 6:32:43 AM

Saga Lout said:
bjcyber said:
Saga Lout said:
Being lazy, I would just set the browsers to delete history on exit.


setting one by one for 100 pc's..dude this is 2013 ...


Sorry, my crystal ball failed to tell me how many systems you're working on but at least it got the year right when I woke up this morning. :D 


thank god.. you can at least read...

m
0
l

Best solution

January 2, 2014 7:26:37 AM

I'm using Linux here so I can't check this out right now and I can't recall whether such a simple change as IE>Tools>Internet Options>Delete browsing history on exit" requires Admin privileges so could your BAT file go down that route. You don't impact on the Control Panel and it might be a useful back door.
Share
!