Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

While gaming my laptops shut down and some times it says "Consider Replacing Your Battery". please help

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
January 2, 2014 8:49:13 AM

my laptop shows "Consider Replacing Your Battery" and theres a cross mark (X) on the battery but this happened only 2 times. Before when i use to play games my laptop used to get very hot but i fixed that issues by buying a good cooling pad and now it does not heat up its at normal gaming temperature but its shutting down even when its not at all hot while gaming i thought of removing the battery and playing as i read on the internet that we should use only 1 power source like if the battery is charged we can remove the battery and continue with our work but still its shutting down i planing to buy a new battery for my laptop but im not sure if a new battery would fix this issue. i will really appreciate your help. :'[

My laptop: Acer Aspire 5755g |
a b 4 Gaming
January 2, 2014 8:58:31 AM

Hmmm sounds like you should consider replacing your battery.
m
0
l

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
a c 204 D Laptop
a c 352 $ Windows 7
January 2, 2014 10:03:51 AM

Just because you have the cooling pad does not mean that there are not issues with the laptop. It should not be running so hot that it would shut down without it. You need to clean out the fans and vents, maybe re-apply the heatsink on the CPU with new heat grease.

If the system shuts down when the battery is out, it's a heat issue most likely. Heat over time can damage components slowly. When it first started to shut down, and up to now, things build up over time.
Share
a b 4 Gaming
January 2, 2014 11:23:37 AM

hang-the-9 said:
Just because you have the cooling pad does not mean that there are not issues with the laptop. It should not be running so hot that it would shut down without it. You need to clean out the fans and vents, maybe re-apply the heatsink on the CPU with new heat grease.

If the system shuts down when the battery is out, it's a heat issue most likely. Heat over time can damage components slowly. When it first started to shut down, and up to now, things build up over time.


^This was going to be my non-sarcastic solution, but I couldn't resist. Clean that baby out.
m
0
l
Related resources
!