I have an HP EliteBook 8570p that is running Windows 7.
I made an addition to my host file and shortly thereafter the sound on my laptop stopped working. I have restored my computer back to four days ago, when I had sound, but no dice.
Here's what I've already done:
• Ensured the speakers are enabled & default
• Confirmed the device is working properly through Device Manager.
• Downloaded latest drivers from HP's website.
• Ran "Fix any problems" from Control Panel for Sound.
• Confirmed 'Laptop' is selected from the Volume Control Options
• All sound is turned up
• Headphones work