7950 crossfire using corsair TX650M?

LucasMc17

Honorable
Dec 29, 2013
650 watts is cutting it close for two 7950's. You will probably want to upgrade to at least 750w or 850w to be sure. You want some head room for the wattage on your PSU. I wouldn't risk it. You could seriously damage your system. because you didn't list your specs in the post I cant completely calculate your wattage but go to this site: http://www.extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp and see how much wattage your computer uses. To compensate for efficiency you will be safe if your computer runs below about 575w. JUST REMEMBER, the PSU could ruin your computer if there isn''t enough wattage.

AdioKIP

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2008
Like the last poster said, you would be cutting it EXTREMELY close. I run 2x 7950's in crossfire. I use a logitech G19 Keyboard, Aida64 and an APC UPS. Combined this all allows me to monitor my energy useage. When I play a game that actually uses the full power of both video cards I am usually pulling 500 - 600 watts, and this is if i dont overclock the cards. The PSU you linked to is 80 certified, meaning it can run at 80% its total capacity full time and be fine. At 80% thats 520 watts. You'd be scraping by, and as someone that has had PSU's go bad trust me when I say its not worth risking it.