i5 4570 CPU for future gaming?

G

I am buying a new motherboard soon and have the i5 4570 CPU. Would It be better to upgrade my CPU too because I am going to be running SLI 760's. I just bought this PC and feel it would be a waste to buy a new CPU.

Absolutely no reason to change out that Cpu. Still one of the fastest gaming Cpu's at stock settings, and you can always play with the FSB speed for a slight overclock. Nothing near what a "k" cpu will give you, but still something.

Basically, that Cpu has enough power to drive tri-SLI 780ti's right now. I'd suspect that it'll continue to be a great gaming Cpu for at LEAST 3+ years.

G

That's great to hear! is it possible to clock this to 3.6 ghz? One motherboard I was looking at was the ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard. I was also looking at the ASUS Z87-A motherboard. Any other suggestions would be great.

lucasz

Honorable
May 18, 2013
There won't be enough of a performance increase by overclocking to 3.6 that makes it worth buying a Z87 motherboard. You can buy a $70 motherboard which will be perfectly adequate for the 4570