R7 240 HDMI version?

smartkid95

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2009
I just replaced my Nvidia GeForce 8600 with an R7 240 and now my hdmi montior conection is not working with it, I used to run a dual monitore setup one vga and one hdmi port. I can't get my hdmi conection to work with the new card. Is the R7 240 using a newer HDMI vcersion, and do I need to upgrade my hdmi adapter?

Solution
I fixed it by unplugging the monitor and turning it off to reset the monitor settings and then I plugged it in again and it was auto-detected and worked fine. If anyone else has this problem try adjusting your monitor's settings and resetting the hdmi adapter by unplugging it for a few minutes. and reset monitor settings to defaults and it should work fine after that.

smartkid95

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2009
I fixed it by unplugging the monitor and turning it off to reset the monitor settings and then I plugged it in again and it was auto-detected and worked fine. If anyone else has this problem try adjusting your monitor's settings and resetting the hdmi adapter by unplugging it for a few minutes. and reset monitor settings to defaults and it should work fine after that.

Solution

smartkid95

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2009