FX 8320 Throttling without overheating

funkillzone

Honorable
Jan 4, 2014
Well, this is my first post on tom's Hardware so ... Hi!
I'm trying to find the lowest voltage for 4.5ghz on my fx 8320 and I'm using AMD Overdrive to set the voltage and frequency without restarting everytime. I found that 1.392v is stable in prime (tested for 40 mins)
and i went to bios to set that voltage and multiplier.When i came back in windows to test with the bios settings, prime failed at first test "maximum warning level exceeded-100 warnings 0 errors".Then i rise the CPU/Nb voltage from 1.1625 stock to 1.215 and it seems to work but now i have another problem: when overclocked from bios, only 4 cores are staying at 4.5 Ghz and the other 4 are throttling at 1.4ghz in load (prime and cinebench) and also cinebench score is low now (was 7.45 overclocked from overdrive and now is 5.7-5.9 and 4 boxes are way slower than the others)
Its not the temperature, core temperature is 54-55 C and socket temp is 57-58 in prime.
My motherboard is Gigabyte GA-970A UD3P, LLC is set to medium (LLC extreme is rising my voltage to 1.45-1.5v under load).The VRM doesn't overheat, I can keep my finger on the radiator without getting burned so the temperatures are not that high).
Any help? :D

funkillzone

Honorable
Jan 4, 2014
Ok it seems that i fixed the throttling by clearing CMOS,disabling aplication power management or something like that and set the multi and voltage again but now i have another problem.Just finished a 20min automatic OCCT test and the pc freezed after the test in idle.This happens in intel burn test too.It also happened in prime 95 when i pressed stop all workers after 20 mins without errors.This always happens after high stress no matter what voltage i set.It does the same at 1.39 and 1.47 which is more than enough for 4.5ghz