Only getting 100% fan speed in speedfan

jonnyapps

Honorable
May 12, 2013
Hi,

I can only get 100% fan speed in speedfan using a custom setting.

I want to trigger my GPUs fans to turn on at a certain temp and to ramp up according to demand but it is eithe 0 or everything seemingly in speedfan.

I'm on a 290x with a custom Gelid Icy Vision Rev 2 which is plugged into a mobo fan controller. I've mapped Speedfan to respond to changes in the GPU temps it receives so at a loss as to what's wrong. I can customise the fan's speed manually within speedfan no problem.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
It will be down to the warning temperature being 50C, for some reason the guy who made the program thought that it would be a great idea to max the fans out when a component reaches 50C. You can find the option for it in 'Configure' then 'Temperatures, make sure the box next to 'GPU' is ticked or Speedfan wont know what temperature the card is at.

You'll also need to go to advanced, choose the chipset and change PWM1/2/3 to Manual rather than Thermal Cruise. Also make sure the fan you are controlling if it is a 3pin it is in a 3pin slot, or if its a 4pin its in a 4pin slot. If you don't have a compatible header you'll need an adapter to make a 3/4pin work as a 3/4pin.

Neverrazor

Honorable
Oct 26, 2013
Download the Sapphire Trixx .. just google it .. first site ... download latest version for r9 series

once u open it u will find something called fan control choose custom and draw the fan speed graph yourself :D

It will be down to the warning temperature being 50C, for some reason the guy who made the program thought that it would be a great idea to max the fans out when a component reaches 50C. You can find the option for it in 'Configure' then 'Temperatures, make sure the box next to 'GPU' is ticked or Speedfan wont know what temperature the card is at.

You'll also need to go to advanced, choose the chipset and change PWM1/2/3 to Manual rather than Thermal Cruise. Also make sure the fan you are controlling if it is a 3pin it is in a 3pin slot, or if its a 4pin its in a 4pin slot. If you don't have a compatible header you'll need an adapter to make a 3/4pin work as a 3/4pin.

Solution

jonnyapps

Honorable
May 12, 2013

Brilliant! Thanks so much for this.

Maelset

Reputable
Oct 13, 2014

Sorry if I'm late to the party, I'm using Speedfan 4.50 with a radeon hd 5580, in my advanced settings there is no "manual" option. All I have is ON/OFF, Software controlled, ON/OFF (again) and Smartguardian. As soon as my GPU hits 50°C it goes to 100%, when I enable automatic fan speed.

Any idea what to do? My only solution is to set the temp offset value to something like -30, but I'd like to have it displayed correctly.