My 1100 dollar gaming/Workstation pc build

Tags:
  • Gaming
  • Workstations
  • Build
  • Components
Last response: in Components
January 5, 2014 1:15:36 AM

Hi I have been working on a $1100ish gaming/workstation build and wanted some suggestions. So here is my current list.
1. Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
2. Asus Maximus VI Hero ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
3. Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
4. Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
5. EVGA GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card
6. Corsair 500R Black ATX Mid Tower Case
7. XFX 650W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
8. Atech Flash Pro-55U Internal Flash Memory Card Reader
Note: I already have windows 7 ultimate 64bit and Microsoft office which I got at a steep discount because i'm a student For around $27 each, And I will be picking up a few parts on ebay to lower cost to keep within my price range.
So if you have any suggestions to improve proformance or lower price while maintaining quality please leave a comment.

More about : 1100 dollar gaming workstation build

January 5, 2014 1:29:25 AM

Hi, It looks OK to me. An SSD maybe and a CPU cooler to add.
I guess you have your reasons for installing the card reader.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
January 5, 2014 2:23:08 AM

Consider getting a 700W+ PSU if you want to OC.
m
l
Related resources
January 5, 2014 10:48:07 AM

Yeah I was considering an ssd but im on a hard budget and I will be building the an entire system with new monitor, keyboard ect.. so my pricing has to be precise to maintain the quality of the parts.
I won't be over clocking because it's my first build and I don’t want to risk it right now but possibly in a year when I gain some confidence.
m
l

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
January 6, 2014 1:09:52 AM

jacobrh said:
Yeah I was considering an ssd but im on a hard budget and I will be building the an entire system with new monitor, keyboard ect.. so my pricing has to be precise to maintain the quality of the parts.
I won't be over clocking because it's my first build and I don’t want to risk it right now but possibly in a year when I gain some confidence.

Better to pay a bit more than to pay a whole lot more when you buy a better PSU later. This might only be my opinion though.
!