Sign in with
Your question
Solved

What is 10/100/1000 MBit/s Gigabit Ethernet LAN?

Tags:
  • Components
Last response: in Components
January 5, 2014 7:01:43 AM

I'm buying a gaming pc and I'm not sure if it has wifi in it. Under network it says 10/100/1000 MBit/s Gigabit Ethernet LAN.
I have no idea what this is lol, can anyone please help me out i'm so lost.

More about : 100 1000 mbit gigabit ethernet lan

Best solution

January 5, 2014 7:18:26 AM

That is the "hardwire" connection circuit (need to plug an Ethernet cable into it). If your motherboard did not come with built in "wireless" then you will need to get a wireless adapter, but this only works if you have a wireless internet connection device (i.e.- router)
January 5, 2014 8:02:32 AM

animal said:
That is the "hardwire" connection circuit (need to plug an Ethernet cable into it). If your motherboard did not come with built in "wireless" then you will need to get a wireless adapter, but this only works if you have a wireless internet connection device (i.e.- router)

Will this work?www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00416Q5KI/ref=ox_sc_act_im... I do have a router
m
l
Related resources
January 5, 2014 8:12:55 AM

as long as your router supports wireless devices, then you need to make sure what wireless modes (b/g/n/etc.) it supports to make sure the adapter (the one you selected uses "n") is compatible
m
l
January 5, 2014 10:49:57 AM

animal said:
as long as your router supports wireless devices, then you need to make sure what wireless modes (b/g/n/etc.) it supports to make sure the adapter (the one you selected uses "n") is compatible

Thanks man, I had no idea about the b g n things! Could of wasted £15 on a useless product
m
l
!