Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

is Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7870 2GB GDDR5 Flex Edition 2 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card suitable for my pc?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
January 5, 2014 7:13:20 AM

i have intel i 5 2nd gen
motherboard: intel dh61ww
so Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7870 2GB GDDR5 Flex Edition 2 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card will work on my pc? if not then please suggest graphic card suitable for my pc!
a b U Graphics card
January 5, 2014 7:19:21 AM

What PSU do you have
m
0
l
January 5, 2014 7:39:27 AM

gamerkila57 said:
What PSU do you have


it is 450 watt
m
0
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
January 5, 2014 7:40:48 AM

lightion said:
gamerkila57 said:
What PSU do you have


it is 450 watt

I need the model or a pic of the sticker on the side of the PSU
m
0
l
January 5, 2014 8:07:01 AM

gamerkila57 said:
lightion said:
gamerkila57 said:
What PSU do you have


it is 450 watt

I need the model or a pic of the sticker on the side of the PSU

brand name : intex smart atx switching power supply
then it is written like this:
Power Supply Smart IT-2045s+450Watt; 20+4 pin; 2 SATA; 2HDD; 1 FAN
AC INPUT: 220V 50-60 Hz 5A
DC OUTPUT: +3.3v:30A+5v:29A+12V:18A-12V:0.5A+5VSB:2A
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
January 5, 2014 8:17:29 AM

lightion said:
gamerkila57 said:
lightion said:
gamerkila57 said:
What PSU do you have


it is 450 watt

I need the model or a pic of the sticker on the side of the PSU

brand name : intex smart atx switching power supply
then it is written like this:
Power Supply Smart IT-2045s+450Watt; 20+4 pin; 2 SATA; 2HDD; 1 FAN
AC INPUT: 220V 50-60 Hz 5A
DC OUTPUT: +3.3v:30A+5v:29A+12V:18A-12V:0.5A+5VSB:2A

No it will not be sufficient for a HD 7870
m
0
l
January 5, 2014 8:23:34 AM

gamerkila57 said:
lightion said:
gamerkila57 said:
lightion said:
gamerkila57 said:
What PSU do you have


it is 450 watt

I need the model or a pic of the sticker on the side of the PSU

brand name : intex smart atx switching power supply
then it is written like this:
Power Supply Smart IT-2045s+450Watt; 20+4 pin; 2 SATA; 2HDD; 1 FAN
AC INPUT: 220V 50-60 Hz 5A
DC OUTPUT: +3.3v:30A+5v:29A+12V:18A-12V:0.5A+5VSB:2A

No it will not be sufficient for a HD 7870

suggest me!
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
January 5, 2014 8:26:08 AM

^XFX Core Edition Pro 550W 80Plus Bronze $45-$60.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
January 5, 2014 8:26:58 AM

thats a low quality psu...it cannot support a 7870...it can only support up to 7790..
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
January 5, 2014 8:31:09 AM

^Was that reply for me? I am running a r9-280X on that psu with 4670k OC'd and my system consumes only 378W on extreme load and 7870 is far less power hungry.
m
0
l
January 5, 2014 8:35:15 AM

a1blaster said:
thats a low quality psu...it cannot support a 7870...it can only support up to 7790..

so should i go for
Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7790 OC 2 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card?
m
0
l

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
January 5, 2014 8:36:35 AM

I suggest this PSU and a 7870

EVGA 500W - $29.99 AR
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Share
a b U Graphics card
January 5, 2014 8:41:03 AM

lightion said:
a1blaster said:
thats a low quality psu...it cannot support a 7870...it can only support up to 7790..

so should i go for
Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7790 OC 2 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card?


2 options:
buy a 7790 now or buy both 500W psu and 7870 later
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
January 5, 2014 9:51:52 AM

lightion said:
gamerkila57 said:
I suggest this PSU and a 7870

EVGA 500W - $29.99 AR
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


if i've to buy different psu what exactly should i be looking (configuration)? i'm from different country where i get 220V input!


When buying a PSU make i always like to have one with a single 12v rail and at least 80+ Plus certified. Also make sure its minimum of 35A on the +12v rail
m
0
l
January 5, 2014 10:09:17 AM

gamerkila57 said:
lightion said:
gamerkila57 said:
I suggest this PSU and a 7870

EVGA 500W - $29.99 AR
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


if i've to buy different psu what exactly should i be looking (configuration)? i'm from different country where i get 220V input!


When buying a PSU make i always like to have one with a single 12v rail and at least 80+ Plus certified. Also make sure its minimum of 35A on the +12v rail

thanks mate you are awesome!!!!
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
January 5, 2014 10:12:27 AM

lightion said:
gamerkila57 said:
lightion said:
gamerkila57 said:
I suggest this PSU and a 7870

EVGA 500W - $29.99 AR
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


if i've to buy different psu what exactly should i be looking (configuration)? i'm from different country where i get 220V input!


When buying a PSU make i always like to have one with a single 12v rail and at least 80+ Plus certified. Also make sure its minimum of 35A on the +12v rail

thanks mate you are awesome!!!!


Your very welcome
m
0
l
!