Solved

Processor performance (AMD vs Intel)

Hi guys,
I was just wondering if I could get some opinions on hardware configurations? Wich would be better for playing all modern gamed on high to ultra settings? I play a mixture of games that are both CPU and GPU intense such as Minecraft and Battlefield so I need the best of the 2 'worlds'

I have come up with two possible configurations, could I please have some advice?

Intel Build:
https://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=wish_lists&wlcId=254244&action=wish_lists
AMD build:
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=wish_lists&wlcId=254284&action=wish_lists

I have a budget of 1200AUD however I have come to realise that i probably wont be able to meet that, could anyone help me get as close as I cna to that whilst still being able to run most modern games on Ultra at 1080p?
Thanks in advance
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about processor performance amd intel
  1. Out of those 2 the 4670 is the better processor. But why get a aftermarket cooler on a CPU you won't be overclocking?
  2. patrick47018 said:
    Out of those 2 the 4670 is the better processor. But why get a aftermarket cooler on a CPU you won't be overclocking?


    I was planning to overclock, I thought it was a 4670k?
  3. Best answer
    Alright, well either way the i5 is the way to go man
  4. 4670 is the better especially compare to a FX 6300.
    212 is great for keeping your cpu cool and quiet even if your not overclocking.
  5. Znoxz said:
    4670 is the better especially compare to a FX 6300.
    212 is great for keeping your cpu cool and quiet even if your not overclocking.


    Agree the 212 is good, and he already said he is OC'ing :D
  6. patrick47018 said:
    Znoxz said:
    4670 is the better especially compare to a FX 6300.
    212 is great for keeping your cpu cool and quiet even if your not overclocking.


    Agree the 212 is good, and he already said he is OC'ing :D


    Would you guys happen to know anyway to get the cost down? without compromising too much performance?
  7. There isn't much to do to get the cost down significantly, I mean you could probably find a few things cheaper by a bit, but for the most part it is pretty good the way it is imo.
Ask a new question

Read More

Performance Processors Components AMD