Please help me! My FX 6300 seems to forget its OC whenever it pleases...

bluudie

Honorable
Nov 14, 2013
I overclocked my FX 6300 to 4.4GHz. I mostly followed this guide

HT link 2400MHz
CPU/NB 2200MHz
DRAM 1600MHz 1.5v
CPU/NB voltage 1.25v
CPU Manual Voltage 1.392v
Power saving features are disabled, pretty much everything else is set as in that guide

Description of the issue:
When I boot up my PC, it shows 4.4GHz properly, then suddenly (don't know exactly when) values change to the stock 3.8GHz (turbo frequency), sometime peaks to 3.5

Now when I check voltage in CPUID HWMONITOR it shows 1.392, in AMD Overdrive and Coretemp it shows 1.4125V (WHAT THE HELL???) and it says target voltage is stock 1.33v and target core speed 3.5GHz. Then I reboot my PC and this exact scenario repeats. What is going on?!

And yes, I ran full prime test for 6 hours and nothing failed, ran some "Stability test" today in AMD Overdrive and everything seemed correct but I noticed this just today after that AMD Overdrive test. What gives?

My specs:
CPU: FX 6300
MoBo: Asus M5A97 EVO R2.0
PSU: Corsair VS650 650W 80PLUS

I don't know what the heck is going on, please, somebody smarter than me, help me, this is my first overclock :(

bluudie

Honorable
Nov 14, 2013
I double checked that and everything power saving related is disabled but what I'd noticed was a process called amd dual core optimizer, set to start after boot so I decided to ban it and I shall see if this was the cause.

EDIT: So it seems AMD Overdrive was causing this problem. Sneaky little bastard, didn't even bothered to tell me. Thanks for the input though.