Solved

Is the GTX 650ti good for PhysX?

I want to buy a card for PhysX and I was wondering about the GTX 650ti. Any ideas on how it preforms?
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about gtx 650ti good physx
  1. Best answer
    it has hardware support for physx
    http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-650ti/features
    it is good for gaming
  2. whitecat said:
    it has hardware support for physx
    http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-650ti/features
    it is good for gaming


    Do you think I should get the 660 (non ti) or the 650ti boost?
  3. CrypticleCanine said:
    whitecat said:
    it has hardware support for physx
    http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-650ti/features
    it is good for gaming


    Do you think I should get the 660 (non ti) or the 650ti boost?


    gtx 660 is faster than gtx 650 ti boost
    another option is R9 270

  4. May I add additional question on this thread please. Which one is better on these options?

    1st one is:
    GPU
    EVGA GeForce GTX 650 2GB Superclocked
    CUDA CORES 384
    GPU CLOCK 810MHz
    VIDEO MEMORY 2GB
    EFFECTIVE MEM SPEED 5000MHz
    MEM BANDWIDTH 80 GBps
    MEM INTERFACE DDR5
    MEM INTERFACE WIDTH 128bit

    2nd one is:
    GPU
    EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti SSC
    CUDA CORES 768
    GPU CLOCK 1071MHz
    VIDEO MEMORY 1GB
    EFFECTIVE MEM SPEED 5400 MHz
    MEM BANDWIDTH 86.4 GBps
    MEM INTERFACE GDDR5
    MEM INTERFACE WIDTH 128bit
    DIRECTX SUPPORT DX11
    OPENGL 4.3

    So you see, the gtx650 superclocked has 2GB but has lesser cuda cores and lesser gpu clock while the gtx650ti has more cuda cores but only 1gb and has higher gpu clock.
  5. rhjr01 said:
    May I add additional question on this thread please. Which one is better on these options?

    1st one is:
    GPU
    EVGA GeForce GTX 650 2GB Superclocked
    CUDA CORES 384
    GPU CLOCK 810MHz
    VIDEO MEMORY 2GB
    EFFECTIVE MEM SPEED 5000MHz
    MEM BANDWIDTH 80 GBps
    MEM INTERFACE DDR5
    MEM INTERFACE WIDTH 128bit

    2nd one is:
    GPU
    EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti SSC
    CUDA CORES 768
    GPU CLOCK 1071MHz
    VIDEO MEMORY 1GB
    EFFECTIVE MEM SPEED 5400 MHz
    MEM BANDWIDTH 86.4 GBps
    MEM INTERFACE GDDR5
    MEM INTERFACE WIDTH 128bit
    DIRECTX SUPPORT DX11
    OPENGL 4.3

    So you see, the gtx650 superclocked has 2GB but has lesser cuda cores and lesser gpu clock while the gtx650ti has more cuda cores but only 1gb and has higher gpu clock.


    GTX 650 TI SC 1 GB is better . In fact 1 GB is enough . The bigger amount of VRAM only helps gpu not insist data from the RAM of the computer .but to fetch them from its VRAM. If the CPU and the RAM are fast ,like now, it makes a little difference .But this mechanism cant compensate such difference as 2x more CUDA cores ,20% faster GPU clock speed ,and faster VMEM ..Here 2GB will give a boost of up to 10% but GTX 650 TI SC has nearly 10% faster VRAM , so from here no difference . So the difference as 2x CUDA cores and 20% faster GPU clock speed will deliver again a boost of 40% .Get TI version .
  6. wasnt the question specifically about if it was any good for physx?
    as i recall its near the top of the pile for dedicated physx cards...
    there are benchmarks out there
    i researched and went for a gt640 to pair up with my 760, although i haven't been able to run any tests as yet (another story)
Ask a new question

Read More

Gtx Physx Graphics