Cannot load Windows Vista after changing HDD on Emachines T5082

Audie Aguirre

Honorable
Apr 16, 2013
Hello everyone. I'm looking for someone who has run up with this problem before and what they did to fix it. My uncle gave me a EMachines t5082 desktop computer with a hardrive he kept because it had a unremovable (?) virus on it and he destroyed the HD because it had sensitive info on it. No problem I have plenty of HD around both SATA & PATA , this machine used IDE so I hooked up a 250GB HDD to replace the 60GB that originally came with the computer. I have the orig, Vista Home OS disc but when I try to load the OS it goes trough the motions but when it comes down to configuring the computer I get a blue screen saying " to prevent damage to your computer windows cannot be loaded due to a hardware change or fault. I called Emachines but they want 100.00 usd to help. Whats the problem here. Aparantly it can be done if emachines can do it so can I. However I need a person who is used to this kind of thing with emachines computer. The computer is not worth spending $100.00 just to load an OS. Is there anyone out there who can offer any assistance, any help would be greatly appreciated . I want to give this computer to my little brother for high school if I can get it up and running. Again thank you ever so much for any information, Audie Milligan A