Which 7770 Ghz Edition Should I Get?

equitem

Honorable
Jul 13, 2013
Solution
Get the 2GB card.

You may or may not use it on an HD7770 but the price difference isn't very much so it's not worth thinking about too hard. I think the Asus has a better cooler as well.

I'm pretty sure I could make a case for the extra VRAM if I ran a few tests. I ran SKYRIM at pretty much the maximum quality on my HD5870 1GB card but noticed it could use 1.5GB of VIDEO RAM on my GTX680 2GB card. That might reduce some stutter at times due to textures being pre-loaded.

I also recommend Windows 8.1 64-bit ($95), but get Start8 ($5) as well to avoid the new interface if desired.
Get the 2GB card.

You may or may not use it on an HD7770 but the price difference isn't very much so it's not worth thinking about too hard. I think the Asus has a better cooler as well.

I'm pretty sure I could make a case for the extra VRAM if I ran a few tests. I ran SKYRIM at pretty much the maximum quality on my HD5870 1GB card but noticed it could use 1.5GB of VIDEO RAM on my GTX680 2GB card. That might reduce some stutter at times due to textures being pre-loaded.

I also recommend Windows 8.1 64-bit ($95), but get Start8 ($5) as well to avoid the new interface if desired.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS