HD 6870 DDR5 On Core 2 duo

ninjajoe

Distinguished
May 12, 2011
Hi my Friend got an HD 6870 DDR5 Graphic Card on his Birthday . His Dad got him a high performance Card but the problem is that he Has a
a, core 2 Duo ( 2.8 GHz)
b.4 Gb DDR2 RAM
c.G31 M Mobo
d.600w PSU

The Problem is that we wanted to know whether there will be a Bottleneck . He does not want to play Games at ultra/high , medium would do . He is not sure as to whether open it and put it or sell it and get a lower config GPU .

Since he got it as a Gift he does not want to sell it either !

We'll be playing COD Ghosts,Fifa 14,Assassin's Creed,BF 4 etc and dont want any lag .

Alll quality etc can be at medium .

Please advice .

Thanks in Advance .

Solution
I don't think there will be a bottlenecking with your gpu & cpu. Put your 6870 in mann, enjoy your games, its a gift right, so giving it back won't be a cool idea !

Trimax

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014
That motherboard is very cheap and very old so I don't know if it will support the card. You could try updating the bios on the motherboard and then seeing if that works. If not best bet is to ask his Dad to return it as I'm guessing he doesn't want to buy a new Motherboard and CPU etc to play the new games you listed.

Flux Fortress

Honorable
Dec 7, 2013
I don't think there will be a bottlenecking with your gpu & cpu. Put your 6870 in mann, enjoy your games, its a gift right, so giving it back won't be a cool idea !

Solution