Solved

I'd like to run games at 60FPs. What shall I upgrade?

Ok guys please let me know what I can do to improve my pc. Here are my specs:

ASUS M5A97 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
GIGABYTE Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB 256-bit GDDR5
AMD Phenom II X4 975 Black Edition Deneb 3.6GHz Quad-Core
WD Caviar Black 2 TB SATA III 7200 RPM 64 MB Cache
SanDisk Extreme SDSSDX-120G-G25 2.5" 120GB
8GB of RAM
13 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about run games 60fps upgrade
  1. That's the stupidest title I saw in a while... please say exact games.
    You can play minecraft on 60 fps :D
  2. To guarantee you can play every single game at 60FPS, you need to go with the big bucks graphics cards. Pick up a 780Ti or a R290x.
  3. Makkfej said:
    That's the stupidest title I saw in a while... please say exact games.
    You can play minecraft on 60 fps :D


    Hahaha...obviously im asking about newest games that require better hardware...like BF4...watch dogs...etc
    basically i want to make sure i can run next gen games
  4. Best answer
    Or just get another 7870 and crossfire them. You're gonna get a performance between r9 280x and r9 290.
    You could also get an FX-8320 if your mobo supports it and then overclock it.
  5. huraifi said:
    Makkfej said:
    That's the stupidest title I saw in a while... please say exact games.
    You can play minecraft on 60 fps :D


    Hahaha...obviously im asking about newest games that require better hardware...like BF4...watch dogs...etc
    basically i want to make sure i can run next gen games


    And what settings exactly?
    Is medium-high enough or ultra?
  6. http://www.reviewstudio.net/868-amd-radeon-r9-270x-crossfirex-and-r9-280x-4-way-crossfirex-review
    Here you can see that the r9 270x (re-brand of the hd 7870) crossfire stomps the r9 280x and the gtx 770 and performs a little better than a gtx 780 :)
  7. Makkfej said:
    Or just get another 7870 and crossfire them. You're gonna get a performance between r9 280x and r9 290.
    You could also get an FX-8320 if your mobo supports it and then overclock it.


    This sounds like really good... I could get another 7870 but i'll have to upgrade my psu.
    I've been considering an FX-8350...but i dont think i need 8 core for gaming.
    thanks a lot for your help
  8. One last stupid question...
    does the gpu brand has to be the same? or can i get a xfx 7870?
  9. huraifi said:
    Makkfej said:
    Or just get another 7870 and crossfire them. You're gonna get a performance between r9 280x and r9 290.
    You could also get an FX-8320 if your mobo supports it and then overclock it.


    This sounds like really good... I could get another 7870 but i'll have to upgrade my psu.
    I've been considering an FX-8350...but i dont think i need 8 core for gaming.
    thanks a lot for your help


    You need a 750w psu for hd 7870 crossfire but get a quality one ;)
    And don't buy an FX-8350. Why would you pay 50 dollars more for 500 mhz higher clock, when you can just overclock it?
  10. huraifi said:
    One last stupid question...
    does the gpu brand has to be the same? or can i get a xfx 7870?


    No, but i think it looks better having two identical :D
    But if it's cheaper, get the xfx one. Just be sure to overclock them to identical speeds, because you don't want one to wait for another ;)
  11. Makkfej said:
    huraifi said:
    One last stupid question...
    does the gpu brand has to be the same? or can i get a xfx 7870?


    No, but i think it looks better having two identical :D
    But if it's cheaper, get the xfx one. Just be sure to overclock them to identical speeds, because you don't want one to wait for another ;)


    lol yeah, but the gigabyte version is HUGE, i can't imagine having two of them
    Thanks for your help and sorry about the title... I'm new here :p
  12. huraifi said:
    Makkfej said:
    huraifi said:
    One last stupid question...
    does the gpu brand has to be the same? or can i get a xfx 7870?


    No, but i think it looks better having two identical :D
    But if it's cheaper, get the xfx one. Just be sure to overclock them to identical speeds, because you don't want one to wait for another ;)


    lol yeah, but the gigabyte version is HUGE, i can't imagine having two of them
    Thanks for your help and sorry about the title... I'm new here :p


    actually the Gigabyte version has the best cooler of the 7870's, so if it fits in your case, i would buy it. And no problem, i was just joking :P
  13. huraifi said:
    Makkfej said:
    That's the stupidest title I saw in a while... please say exact games.
    You can play minecraft on 60 fps :D


    Hahaha...obviously im asking about newest games that require better hardware...like BF4...watch dogs...etc
    basically i want to make sure i can run next gen games


    That wasn't obvious. You also have to say what settings u want to run your games on. There is a big difference running a game on low 720 then it is all max 4k you know
Ask a new question

Read More

Video Games Games AMD