Fx 8350 50 celsius on idle

ryancox

Honorable
Jan 7, 2014
My fairly new gaming rig has a problem with what i think is overheating. When I play skyrim, as i have done for at least three weeks now, it decided to randomly Blue screen and restart. l am concerned for the stability of my rig, because 50c is really hot for idle. several times, under full load it even got close to 70c. (like 67 degrees). It might help to mention that it runs really loud and that it seems that the longer you run it, the hotter the idle speed gets. I am using the stock fan, which seems robust, but maybe only seems so. I also have one intake fan on the side, blowing on the graphics card and the power supply. I have 2 more fans both exhausting near the cpu on the top and back.Thanks for your help in advance.

System Specs:
CPU: FX-8350
Graphics: Radeon HD 7870
Hard Drive:500gb WD Green
MOBO: AsRock Extreme 970 (I think?)
Power Supply: CX500
Ram: 8gb Crucial LP

P.S. It seems like a lot of people are having overheating problems with this CPU. If i need a new CPU Cooler which one should I get. I need one that will keep a hot CPU at reasonable temps, and maybe a little quieter than that lawnmower i have currently...

Solution
cm 212 evo would do great. 50 on idle is a lot even for the standard cooler. i suspect it's not properly seated, or paste was hardened on the cooler before you assembled it.

McWelshie

Honorable
Jul 13, 2013
yeah overheating is a common problem with that cpu i would go with a new cpu cooler, coolermaster has always been good enough for me most of them should be fine however it looks like you may of not applied enough thermal paste ? because that is a very high idle temp.

TRENDING THREADS