Solved

Another Cooler Question

I built my pc in september, and playing bf4 i get cpu temps as high as 62 and would like to get a cpu cooler other than the stock one i have. Which one would be the best for around $50?
And also my gpu temps can reach 70 so is there any way to keep that cooler?
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about cooler question
  1. I forgot to mention I have an AMD FX6300 in a thermaltake commander ms-i case and a radeon hd7950
  2. Best answer
    SnarlingToes said:
    I built my pc in september, and playing bf4 i get cpu temps as high as 62 and would like to get a cpu cooler other than the stock one i have. Which one would be the best for around $50?
    And also my gpu temps can reach 70 so is there any way to keep that cooler?

    62C for you CPU with BF4??? Are you sure youre using the stock cooler? lol, those are very low for the stock cooler.
    And the GPU temps are fine until about the mid-high 80s, but to keep them cool, set a fan profile with MSI Afterburner to whatever speed you want.
  3. Try the Hyper 212 Evo.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099
    However, CPU temps of 62 under load are perfectly acceptable IMO. GPU temps of 70 degrees under load are also fine.
  4. Wow good news to hear. I've been worried about playing to much because of the temps, but if these are ok i guess i will probably leave it alone. What is msi afterburner?
  5. SnarlingToes said:
    Wow good news to hear. I've been worried about playing to much because of the temps, but if these are ok i guess i will probably leave it alone. What is msi afterburner?


    MSI Afterburner is a free program that allows you to Overclock your GPUs and set the desired fan speeds on your GPUs to whatever you want, it also has a video recording feature to record your screen.
  6. Is there anything I have to worry about with changing fan speeds?
  7. SnarlingToes said:
    Is there anything I have to worry about with changing fan speeds?


    There is nothing to worry about when changing fan speeds...just noise i guess.
    But be careful if you Overclock, maybe even watch a video on how to OC you GPU before you do anything crazy :pt1cable:
  8. Thanks for your help. I'll look into the afterburner
  9. SnarlingToes said:
    Thanks for your help. I'll look into the afterburner

    no problem dude!
Ask a new question

Read More

Cooling CPUs