780 Ti SC - Suddenly Not Recognized in Windows 8.1

All2surreal

Honorable
Mar 31, 2013
Hi. I just installed an EVGA 780 Ti SC in my PC last night and this morning I decided to defrag the hard drive while getting ready for work. When I came back 15 minutes later the defrag was done and I started using my PC. I immediately noticed pictures, videos, launching of applications, and just everything in general had a lag. I've never seen anything like this before and I believed it had to be GPU related. I tried launching the NVIDIA control panel but when it launched it said that no support graphics card could be found. I got a similar error when I tried to launch EVGA's Precision X application. Also, I couldn't find the GPU in Device Manager neither; only the Intel HD 4000 GPU. So, I restarted my PC in an attempt to fix it. When Windows came back to the desktop it acted like it was detecting a new video card just like it had when I started it up after installing the video card for the first time. Thus, the reboot seemed to get the card working again. After the reboot I did a clean installation with the latest NVIDIA video card drivers for Windows 8.1 as a troubleshooting attempt. So, has anyone else had this problem or can provide me with any advice?