Solved

Do all M5A97 LE R2.0 mobo have USB BIOS flashback?

I'm building a computer and my motherboards BIOS. Is out of date for my CPU. I read somewhere that this motherboard has a USB BIOS flashback but could not locate it on the mobo or anything about it in my manual. I have a AMD fx6300 and a
Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 motherboard with rev 1.00
20 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about m5a97 mobo usb bios flashback
  1. What is your BIOS version? All boards shipped from Asus after Oct 2012 should have compatible BIOS.
  2. rolli59 said:
    What is your BIOS version? All boards shipped from Asus after Oct 2012 should have compatible BIOS.


    It's rev 1.00
  3. No Flashback for LE R2.0
    Check a thin bar code sticker on the motherboard. The last 4 digits on that sticker stand for the board's BIOS version.
    http://www.guru3d.com/miraserver/images/2011/990fx-sabertooth/IMG_4499.jpg (0147 are the digits in the picture)
    If older than 1006, then you can order a BIOS chip from ebay
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/BIOS-CHIP-ASUS-M5A97-LE-R2-0-/261074177945
    and replace the board's one (it's on socket):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLEQoWRq41k
  4. alexoiu said:
    No Flashback for LE R2.0
    Check a thin bar code sticker on the motherboard. The last 4 digits on that sticker stand for the board's BIOS version.
    http://www.guru3d.com/miraserver/images/2011/990fx-sabertooth/IMG_4499.jpg (0147 are the digits in the picture)
    If older than 1006, then you can order a BIOS chip from ebay
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/BIOS-CHIP-ASUS-M5A97-LE-R2-0-/261074177945
    and replace the board's one (it's on socket):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLEQoWRq41k


    It's 1493

    Edit sorry its 1093
  5. Can you check again? Use a flashlight. I don't think there's such BIOS version. What are the first 2 letters before M in the board's S/N (check the motheboard's box)?
  6. Fishikaint said:
    alexoiu said:
    No Flashback for LE R2.0
    Check a thin bar code sticker on the motherboard. The last 4 digits on that sticker stand for the board's BIOS version.
    http://www.guru3d.com/miraserver/images/2011/990fx-sabertooth/IMG_4499.jpg (0147 are the digits in the picture)
    If older than 1006, then you can order a BIOS chip from ebay
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/BIOS-CHIP-ASUS-M5A97-LE-R2-0-/261074177945
    and replace the board's one (it's on socket):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLEQoWRq41k


    It's 1493

    Edit sorry its 1093


    Sure it is not 1903 which will support the FX6300 https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M5A97_LE_R20/#support
  7. Oh my bad it is 1903 but than what is wrong? Because I'm getting a no signal error on my monitor but my video card is running fans and LEDs on both mobo and GPU are running
  8. What ports using for connecting the monitor? What graphics card?
    Is there a case speaker connected to the motherboard (for beeps)?
  9. alexoiu said:
    What ports using for connecting the monitor? What graphics card?
    Is there a case speaker connected to the motherboard (for beeps)?


    I'm using msi GTX 770 2 gb and I'm using a VGA-DVI connector as the GPU only has DVI ports. And I do have case speakers connected but can't hear any beeps. All LEDs and fans are running in the PC but my monitor gets no signal and I should add my keyboards not working either
  10. The card has a DVI-I and a DVI-D port. Connect the adapter to the DVI-I.
    Does the case speaker look like http://images17.newegg.com/is/image/newegg/12-201-032-TS?$S300W$ ?
    What power supply using?
  11. alexoiu said:
    The card has a DVI-I and a DVI-D port. Connect the adapter to the DVI-I.
    Does the case speaker look like http://images17.newegg.com/is/image/newegg/12-201-032-TS?$S300W$ ?
    What power supply using?


    Well I haven't seen the case speaker but I have a cable for it so I assume it exists and what does a DVI-I port look like? Although the connector only fits in one of the ports. And I'm using a Antec 620w Bronze certified power supply
  12. OK. Then remove all RAM modules, the graphics card, make sure that both 24 and 8 pin power cables are properly connected and start the board. See if 1 long 2 short beeps.
  13. alexoiu said:
    OK. Then remove all RAM modules, the graphics card, make sure that both 24 and 8 pin power cables are properly connected and start the board. See if 1 long 2 short beeps.


    Tried that that didn't work was then suggested BIOS update because I have rev 1.00 which I don't know what that is
  14. It's the motherboard revision. With the 1903 BIOS version it does support the CPU. Try reseating it (the CPU) and test again outside the case.
    Is the case speaker connected to http://www.computerhope.com/jargon/s/systempanel.jpg ?
  15. Power from the PSU connected to the card? Both connectors!
  16. alexoiu said:
    It's the motherboard revision. With the 1903 BIOS version it does support the CPU. Try reseating it (the CPU) and test again outside the case.
    Is the case speaker connected to http://www.computerhope.com/jargon/s/systempanel.jpg ?


    No beeps and yes that is what it's connected to,

    And edit if I take off the cooler can I put it back without putting on more thermal paste?
  17. Then it looks like a board or a CPU issue. Are they new? If yes, try RMA-ing them.
    Edit: For testing purpses, you can use the old paste.
    Otherwise it's recommended to clean and reapply new paste.
  18. RMA?
  19. Best answer
    Contacting the retailer and returning them for repairing or replacing, since undr warranty.
  20. Could be as simple as faulty GPU so can you test it in another computer?
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards BIOS USB