Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Is Stock-fan of i7 is good enough for gaming or must get a separate cpu cooler

Last response: in CPUs
Share
January 9, 2014 5:55:35 AM

Hello TOM'Sers, I gonna buy I7 but i'm little confused is the stock fan come with it is good for cooling and keep the best performance or must get a separate cpu cooler ,my main work is gaming ,some encoding
Help Please
a b à CPUs
January 9, 2014 5:59:55 AM

Yes, the custom cooler coming with i7 is good for cooling if your processor is at stock speeds.
If you're an overclocker then it might not suffice your needs, so here's an option :
Cooler Master EVO 212 (The best buddy of overclocker at cheaper price)
m
1
l
a b à CPUs
January 9, 2014 6:00:18 AM

I see no problem as long as overclocking in not involved.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
a b à CPUs
January 9, 2014 6:00:27 AM

I have an i7 4770 and i use the stock cooler that does come with the i7 and it keeps my i7 at ~35c
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a c 108 à CPUs
January 9, 2014 6:01:12 AM

the 212 evo is also quieter and will run the cpu at lower temps even on the stock frequency.
m
0
l

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
a c 143 à CPUs
January 9, 2014 6:09:19 AM

The Xigmatek Gaia is a little cheaper, and a little better than the more often parroted Hyper212 EVO:
http://www.techreaction.net/2011/07/07/review-xigmatek-...
http://www.techreaction.net/2011/11/27/review-cooler-ma...

Unlike the Hyper212 EVO (ignore the URL; it IS the EVO they tested), the Gaia never throttled, although it wasn't always the coolest depending on the fan used. Both got awards, but the Gaia is usually cheaper as well, making it the better choice. NZXT also has a similar 120mm cooler that is even cheaper right now (it's a new product) and would be a good bang/buck choice. Not that the Hyper212 EVO is bad, but it's a bang/buck Loser since you're paying for a name.
---
To answer the original question though, if you're not overclocking, the stock cooler should be fine. It is also going to be fairly quiet.
Share
January 9, 2014 7:17:03 AM

AlexSmith96 said:
Yes, the custom cooler coming with i7 is good for cooling if your processor is at stock speeds.
If you're an overclocker then it might not suffice your needs, so here's an option :
Cooler Master EVO 212 (The best buddy of overclocker at cheaper price)


anonymous1 said:
I see no problem as long as overclocking in not involved.


TheMohammadmo said:
I have an i7 4770 and i use the stock cooler that does come with the i7 and it keeps my i7 at ~35c


laviniuc said:
the 212 evo is also quieter and will run the cpu at lower temps even on the stock frequency.



thanx very much
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a c 803 à CPUs
January 9, 2014 8:39:36 AM

For a stock i7, even the Hyper TX3 is sufficient and far superior to the stock cooler. If one can handle a 4.0ghz 3570k without issue, a stock i7 won't be a problem.
m
0
l
!