Can't find ATI Rage II+ driver for windows 7. Please help.

I have been looking for hours and cant find the driver I need. I found it awhile back but build a newer computer and put my old stuff together with it to sell. If anyone knows where I can get the driver for it I would be EXTREMELY grateful. Thanks. If someone does find it please leave a download link to it. I've read catalyst 12.1a works for it with a patch but that seems to be impossible to find also. If you know where I can get that i would appreciate it too. Thanks.
9 answers Last reply
More about find ati rage driver windows
  1. ? The ancient PCI era Rage? I don't think there is even an XP driver for it, let alone a win7 driver.

    Seems XP is good, but that's a new as it gets.

    http://download.cnet.com/ATI-Technologies-Inc-3D-RAGE-II-PCI/3000-2108_4-74863.html
  2. 4745454b said:
    ? The ancient PCI era Rage? I don't think there is even an XP driver for it, let alone a win7 driver.

    Seems XP is good, but that's a new as it gets.

    http://download.cnet.com/ATI-Technologies-Inc-3D-RAGE-II-PCI/3000-2108_4-74863.html


    The problem with that is I have 6 gigs of ram. And selling something with xP doesn't look too good
  3. If the board has onboard video that will be miles better then the Rage II. That card had at best 4MBs of GPU ram and doesn't support DX7 or higher. No T&L. I would sell it with no video if need be.
  4. i dont think selling it with such an ancient card will look good also. give it for free, unless the buyer is a collector
  5. The other components are very solid. 6 gbs of ram e8400 cpu good ASUS mobo. I just had the display adapter laying around. I was using my 7770 in it before the upgrade.
  6. Does this good Asus mobo have IGP? Again, the Rage II is so old it can't handle modern games at all. It's not even DX7 so even TF2 is out. HL1 and TFC sure. But no DX is going to kill any potential it had.
  7. 4745454b said:
    Does this good Asus mobo have IGP? Again, the Rage II is so old it can't handle modern games at all. It's not even DX7 so even TF2 is out. HL1 and TFC sure. But no DX is going to kill any potential it had.


    I'm not sure. It is an asus p5ql/epu. The computer isn't for gaming or anything and you can watch netflix with the card so it's not useless. I'm not listing is as a gaming computer or anything.
  8. No onboard video. Has a P43 and not a G4x chipset. Shame really. I still vote you either sell it without one and let whoever buys put whatever they want in, or try to find any more modern card that won't cost to much. Or give them the card and they can use whatever windows default driver 7 has. XP and Vista+ have very different drivers so unless someone made one for vista+ I don't see this ending well.
  9. 4745454b said:
    No onboard video. Has a P43 and not a G4x chipset. Shame really. I still vote you either sell it without one and let whoever buys put whatever they want in, or try to find any more modern card that won't cost to much. Or give them the card and they can use whatever windows default driver 7 has. XP and Vista+ have very different drivers so unless someone made one for vista+ I don't see this ending well.


    Okay. Well thanks for the help everyone. Was worth a shot I guess. I'll just try to make some use of it and let the parts sit on Craigslist in case someone wants it later on.
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 7 Graphics