$800 AUD Budget Gaming Build need suggestions

bloodyterrific

Honorable
Dec 16, 2013
http://au.pcpartpicker.com/user/bloodyterrific/saved/3lOs
Looking for suggestions if there is a different component for better performance but has to be around $800 (including windows 8)

NOTE: This is priced in Australian Dollars so if your recommending me a rig in $800 american it'll be around $950

Aim: Enough to play minecraft, league of legends, left 4 dead 2, counter strike:go, call of duty black ops preferably max/ultra graphics

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor $139.00

Mobo: Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard $175.00

Ram: Corsair Vengeance 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $59.00

HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $69.00

GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7770 1GB Video Card $109.00

Case: Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case $62.99

PSU: Silverstone Strider Essential 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply $59

DVD-RW: LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer $23

Total $803.99AUD

Solution
http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/2yHwS
i changed your motherboard to save some money, but still a good board, got you a slightly better video card, especially for COD and minecraft (nvidia cards work better), and got you 8gb ram which is necessary to run those games smoothly and avoid too miuch loading from hdd during gaming.
If you want to do it even cheaper go to www.msy.com.au, they have the cheapest parts in aus, and check out their clearance items for even cheaper deals.
http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/2yHwS
i changed your motherboard to save some money, but still a good board, got you a slightly better video card, especially for COD and minecraft (nvidia cards work better), and got you 8gb ram which is necessary to run those games smoothly and avoid too miuch loading from hdd during gaming.
If you want to do it even cheaper go to www.msy.com.au, they have the cheapest parts in aus, and check out their clearance items for even cheaper deals.

Solution

DonnyTechMaster

Honorable
Dec 29, 2013
You have a pretty good list here. Here are my suggestions:

- I would go ahead and bump the ram up to 8GB just to get it out of the way. BTW I have 8GB of ram from a newer company that is starting to gain a solid reputation for thier quality and low price. the ram is called "Vulcan" ram and it is very solid for the price (8GB for about the same price as the 4 on your list).

- Your GPU is a bit excessive for that range of games. You could achieve Ultra settings on all of these games with the previous generation of Radeon cards or possibly even lower. I suggest looking up some benchmarks for your games on a lower end card. You might be surprised at the results.

*Also one quick question. Are you planning on keeping the stock CPU cooler, or are you buying an aftermarket cooler.*

bloodyterrific

Honorable
Dec 16, 2013

Thanks for the reply, these are good suggestions. I'll be considering getting the AsRock Mobo and GPU, but I can't seem to find the Avexir Core series 8GB ram anywhere (in ple they sell for $129)

bloodyterrific

Honorable
Dec 16, 2013

I'm planning to put in the Evo 212 in the near future and I can't seem to find the ram that you suggested me