2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?Price can justify size but I prefer a 17 in.
3. What screen resolution do you want?
at least 1080
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
I want a desktop replacement laptop
5. How much battery life do you need?
Longer battery life BUT I guess if I can just carry around an extra battery pack it'll be ok
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
It's for my parents, they don't play Crysis, of course, but they want to be able to run (amateur) video editing, web surfing, youtube music, facebook games at the same time without lag..
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Photo/Video editing (nothing professional.. just for making videos of celebrations and the like.
What are the other categories for this question?
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
It is not as important as other features..right? 320 GB is enough.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
*****************Any retail store; target, office depot, walmart, frys, best buy, or amazon (I just need proof of the price and it price checked) any store in Northern California.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
for a long time so the brand should have reliable customer service.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Dvd writer and player would be awesome but I can just get them an external one if its going to cost 100 dollars more
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I think Apple's interface is different from windows, but my dad had an iphone 3 before
-he thinks highly of apple and how its "user friendly.. so I guess he'd like to have that laptop...not sure if he'll endure learning all of the shortcuts and the user interface..
my brother said not to get lenovo (or was it asus), not sure why..
the brands that I have used are hp and dell. my dell is going strong after 2 major incidents in 2 years...
i have not used sony/toshiba before.
my friend is mad at toshiba and kept saying its crappy- he had to get it repaired 2x. could just be his luck...
sony- a classmate had it before and she kept complaining about how its expensive but its slow and its features are not to par with others...
13. What country do you live in?
USA (Northern CA)
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I want it to have the best customer service
long battery life can be replaced with a portable removable battery
i7 is preferred (if there really is a noticeable difference between i7, i5, and i3- i've read that since its a laptop that it doesn't really matter that much- unless its QM)