Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Is an Intel Core i5-3570K upgrade worth it?

Last response: in CPUs
Share
January 9, 2014 8:30:19 PM

Hi everyone, I currently have an i5-3450 @ 3.10 GHz processor. Is it worth upgrading to the i5-3570?
a b à CPUs
January 9, 2014 8:32:18 PM

for what? i run a 3.3/3.7 cpu. does enough for me. why waste money?
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
January 9, 2014 8:34:44 PM

if you mean the non K vs, unless somebody is giving you the chip, no. you would need to run benchmarks to find any difference.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b å Intel
a b à CPUs
January 9, 2014 8:37:56 PM

Elrment said:
Hi everyone, I currently have an i5-3450 @ 3.10 GHz processor. Is it worth upgrading to the i5-3570?


5-10% boost for $200 ! Your processor is good enough. Upgrade the video card .
m
0
l
January 9, 2014 8:38:01 PM

chrisso said:
if you mean the non K vs, unless somebody is giving you the chip, no. you would need to run benchmarks to find any difference.


Oh, I am just trying to find a good CPU upgrade for Battlefield 4. I have an h77 pro4/mvp motherboard so I think it hinders my choices honestly...
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
January 9, 2014 8:38:30 PM

Ah, it is a k? the performance increase if you have an aftermarket cooler and z board already is worth about
$16.
m
0
l
January 9, 2014 8:39:36 PM

whitecat said:
Elrment said:
Hi everyone, I currently have an i5-3450 @ 3.10 GHz processor. Is it worth upgrading to the i5-3570?


5-10% boost for $200 ! Your processor is good enough. Upgrade the video card .



Oh..haha I have a gtx 760. I'm just really wanting to upgrade for a better battlefield 4 experience.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
January 9, 2014 8:43:05 PM

unless you get some crackerjack with a high end processor to give you and knowledge to over clock it to 5.0GHZ............ be happy with what you have.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
January 9, 2014 8:46:17 PM

If you overclock, the 3570k can be up to 30% faster. Without OC, 10% at most. You can decide for yourself if the performance boost is worth the money.
m
0
l
January 9, 2014 8:46:40 PM

swifty_morgan said:
unless you get some crackerjack with a high end processor to give you and knowledge to over clock it to 5.0GHZ............ be happy with what you have.


Well alright. I am grateful just curious how I should proceed in upgrading that's all.
m
0
l

Best solution

a b à CPUs
January 9, 2014 8:48:38 PM

http://www.bf4blog.com/battlefield-4-retail-gpu-cpu-ben...

Your minimums are going to be about 59 fps, and your screen cannot show any increases above 60.
You already have a good gaming processor, you wouldnt notice any difference.
Share
a b à CPUs
January 9, 2014 8:51:11 PM

You have a cpu rated in the top tier of toms hardware's gaming cpu charts. If a developer writes a game your cpu cant play really well, he or she will go bankrupt.
m
0
l
a b å Intel
a b à CPUs
January 9, 2014 8:51:57 PM

Elrment said:
whitecat said:
Elrment said:
Hi everyone, I currently have an i5-3450 @ 3.10 GHz processor. Is it worth upgrading to the i5-3570?


5-10% boost for $200 ! Your processor is good enough. Upgrade the video card .



Oh..haha I have a gtx 760. I'm just really wanting to upgrade for a better battlefield 4 experience.


Get another GTX 760 and sli . i am not a fanboy of that though
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
January 9, 2014 9:06:23 PM

30% above 59 fps is 76fps, and the monitor goes at 60 fps. net gain on minimum fps, 1 frame.
This is assuming no 144 htz or sim monitor, but I suspect not because of the bangs per $ gaming rig.
m
0
l
!