Solved

HELP ME choose a CASE Please! + PC Build Suggestions

ALRIGHT, I am sick of trying to choose a case. I am now turning to the community of Tom's Hardware for help. I want a case for under $100. I would like to to come with 4 fans so I can take advantage of all of the Chassis Fan Connectors on my Motherboard. (With: USB 3.0 and HD Audio ports | I do not care if it is MID tower or a FULL tower... just as long as it is ATX) If it does not come with 4 fans it must be cheap enough so I have money left over so I can buy more fans and put them in the system! :) Extra advice I would love to hear: Do you think I should get a Noctua cpu cooler for overclocking? Is the Motherboard good enough for overclocking? Here is my build as it stand right now: http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/3LSNBTBZ0TBVC/ref=cm_wl_rlist_go_o? Thank You! P.S. I know the PSU is not future proof.
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about choose case build suggestions
  1. What is the purpose of this build?
    Are you only able to order off Amazon? Can you order from Newegg?
    Is the four fans a must? I know the motherboard has four connectors and all, but with a good case 2-3 should be enough to direct airflow.
  2. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119263
    You can add two fans to the side vents. Clean case, minimal bling. Toolless. Has a handle! Well built.

    I wouldn't get a Noctua D14. It's way to big and blocks everything, plus too much weight on the motherboard. And it's ugly. If you want to step up from a Hyper 212, get a close loop liquid. Like a H80
  3. zemiak said:


    lol, I had my eye on that one! Thanks for the suggestion, lets see what other people suggest.
  4. realchaos said:
    What is the purpose of this build?
    Are you only able to order off Amazon? Can you order from Newegg?
    Is the four fans a must? I know the motherboard has four connectors and all, but with a good case 2-3 should be enough to direct airflow.


    I do prefer Amazon, and if you have a good case with less than 4 fans I will consider the case.
  5. wdmfiber said:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119263
    You can add two fans to the side vents. Clean case, minimal bling. Toolless. Has a handle! Well built.

    I wouldn't get a Noctua D14. It's way to big and blocks everything, plus too much weight on the motherboard. And it's ugly. If you want to step up from a Hyper 212, get a close loop liquid. Like a H80


    Hmm, alright. That case might be another good option. As for the cooler, I was scared of the obvious thought that comes to mind when you think of a water cooler "what if it LEAKS!" haha. I will consider taking the (small) risk.
  6. NZXT Phantom cases are quite nice also. If you want a quiet case go for a Fractal Design Define R4.
  7. RazerZ said:
    NZXT Phantom cases are quite nice also. If you want a quiet case go for a Fractal Design Define R4.


    Alright, I'll check em out! Thanks
  8. Best answer
    I would recommend the Fractal Design Define R4, NZXT Phantom (NZXT Phantom 410 for the mid-tower version), Corsair 500R, or the Fractal Design Arc Midi R2. All of those are excellent cases.

    Anyways, if you're willing to use other sites (Newegg, NCIX), then your build will be cheaper.

    Also, if you want, you can stick with the Noctua NH-D14. There's nothing really wrong with it other than the fact that it's ugly. I would also consider this heatsink: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/phanteks-cpu-cooler-phtc14pebk
    It will perform the same as the Noctua but it looks much better. I wouldn't really suggest a CLC because they have a chance of leak (no matter how slim), are much louder, are more expensive, and will perform only a bit better than air-coolers.
Ask a new question

Read More

Overclocking Tom's Hardware CPUs Cooling Systems Motherboards Cases