$700.00 Mini-Itx Gaming Build (Trying it)

EzTec

Distinguished
Hey everyone so by no means do I actually wanna spend 700 lol I would really like to spend 5-600 but I don't know if that be possible.

the OS I have on a CD windows 7 and I will be using my 42inch plasma as a screen, I have a the keyboard and mouse already.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2yOEb

this is what I came up with so far, it's saying something about needing 3 more pci slots though which I don't understand

Can someone tell me if the build is good or recommend a better build?

Solution

EzTec

Distinguished
Additionally:

HDD: I wanna get the Seagate SSHD because of it's superior speed to regular HDD since it's a mix of a HDD and SSD.

RAM: Ram slots I know about the speeds so I just chose one based on the reviews and price. I know 4GB should be minimum to game so I am getting a 8GB since I know some games ask for it & choosing the speed of 1600 I think is wise for both

Graphics - Video Card: Honestly don't know to much about these

just wanted to offer some notes, I do like the Asus motherboard since I do like their products as you can see in some of my parts I picked so I would like to keep it but there were a few others as well.

Thanks for any help :)

EzTec

Distinguished

ahhh.... so.... why would a motherboard not have capabilities to have a wired or wireless connection. Doesn't make much sense to me, did I choose incompatible expansion cards because I would imagine every motherboard HAS to have a way to connect.... just saying

winningsince1337

Honorable
Jul 31, 2013

Because the mini-ITX board has one PCIe slot I believe. Oh and by the way, that 7770 doesn't have even near enough GPU performance to play games at 1080p. Look at the MSI 760 ITX. Lots of GPU performance to play games at 1080p with mostly max settings. Oh yeah, it's also 6.7 inches long so it'll fit in your case. 6.7 inches is tiny for that GPU.

EDIT: I'm not up on mini-itx machines, but I would go for a newer mobo and i5. For a few bucks more you could get a lot more performance which is good for the long run.

EzTec

Distinguished

well what the hell... not you but the website has a feature where it says compatible search filters so I am looking at things that should be compatible... seems like that whole build is trash now

winningsince1337

Honorable
Jul 31, 2013

you don't need those anyways, motherboards have those built in.

Solution

EzTec

Distinguished

thanks for that, awfully important to know lol. I could save close to 100 bucks just taking those two items off.

And the GPU had no idea, im looking at a video now to better understand which GPU's are best and how to choose them. I am looking into the MSI 760 ITX that was mentioned.