Fx 8350 + 2 GTX 760's SLI

Dysenteriae

Honorable
Nov 22, 2013
Hey there!

I recently completed my first build, which has a FX-8350 CPU on a gigabyte UD5 mobo with 2 gigabyte gtx 760's SLI'd.

It runs most games flawlessly, BF 4 at 60-80 fps on ultra, last light at around 60.

My problem occurs when playing RIFT, with every single thing selected to be maximum (this much higher above their ultra pre-set) with supersampling and max everything. It doesn't lag normally i sit around 50-60fps, but when I do a conquest match and there is between 100-200 people fighting in one area my fps drops down to about 20-30 fps.

Afterburner shows my GPU's at 70/50% load respectively, with temperatures of 60/50 degrees respectively.

Is my FX-8350 bottlenecking or having trouble loading everything? Using HW monitor and windows performance monitor it is showing the average cpu usage around 50-60%.

No components are overclocked as of right now, but overclocking the cpu is my next goal.

Solution
Well first you should played the game in windowed mode and watch task manager>performance to see the core usage graphs to make sure one is maxing out. If it is the only solution is to OC or get a new cpu.
Average cpu usage tells you absolutely nothing. You could have 12.5% usage with your cpu bottlenecking your gpus (core #0 @ 100% and core #1-7 at 0%). I can guarantee you that at least one of your cpu cores is maxing out and that is why you are getting low fps with a lot of people around.

Dysenteriae

Honorable
Nov 22, 2013
I went with the SLI setup as an experiment, thought it would be neat to test out and see how it goes.

@wanderer11, if this is the case is there any solution other than just OC'ing the cpu? or is the load distribution just the games part and I cant solve that?