Solved

$750 AUD First Time Build, inc. Monitor and OS

Hey! I am planning on building a gaming based computer. My budget is about $750 including a monitor and OS.

Approximate Purchase Date: Within the next month.
Budget Range: $650 - $800 Including a monitor and OS
System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Surfing the net, Watching Movies (not so much but I will do it sometimes)
Preferred Websites for Parts: Anything in Australia; Mwave, PCcasegear, etc,.
Parts Preferences: Don't care
Overclocking: Probably Not
SLI or Crossfire: No
Your Monitor Resolution: The monitor I plan to get is 1920 x 1080

Ok so I already have a build in mind, this is what i have so far:

http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/2z6AX

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor $139.00 PCCaseGear

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard $79.00 Mwave Australia

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $60.99 Mwave Australia

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $69.00 CPL Online

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7770 1GB Video Card $99.00 CPL Online

Case: Cooler Master K380 ATX Mid Tower Case $54.00 CPL Online

Power Supply: Silverstone Strider Essential 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply $59.00 CPL Online

Total: $559.99

The monitor I plan on getting is the ASUS VS247HR 23.6" 2ms HDMI Full HD LED Monitor.

So basically what I would like to know is can i make this build cheaper. With the case it is not set in stone I am still kind of looking around. I really like the look of the Cougar Volant Black Mid Tower. And yeh so if anyone has any advice or suggestions they would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers
13 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 750 aud time build monitor
  1. Well mate first things first, u got 4gb of ram, now high end games like BF4 Crysis 3 ACblack flag will suffer if they have under 8gb of ram avaiable at 1080p, not sure what games u want to play
    Next: U got a micro-atx motherboard on a Mid tower case, i mean its not a big deal but u got a motherboard designed for a micro atx case on a mid case and that simply means u got a lot of room, most ppl use ATX boards on mid tower cases to take full potential but this one is just fine
    If u want to make it cheaper i first have to ask what kind of games u are going to use it for...........
  2. Portuguesetechie said:
    Well mate first things first, u got 4gb of ram, now high end games like BF4 Crysis 3 ACblack flag will suffer if they have under 8gb of ram avaiable at 1080p, not sure what games u want to play
    Next: U got a micro-atx motherboard on a Mid tower case, i mean its not a big deal but u got a motherboard designed for a micro atx case on a mid case and that simply means u got a lot of room, most ppl use ATX boards on mid tower cases to take full potential but this one is just fine
    If u want to make it cheaper i first have to ask what kind of games u are going to use it for...........

Ok well I would like to play games like AC black flag, COD Ghosts and stuff like Watch Dogs when it comes out so I guess I need 8gb ram now. What would you recommend?

Thanks heaps for your help!
  3. Well i just want to make sure of one thing, u do know that with the HD7770 u wont be playing BF4 at ultra with decent FPSs dont u? http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/battlefield_4_vga_graphics_performance_benchmark,7.html look at your resolution the HD 7970 only gets 30 fpss at ultra
    now if u want to stay with this build then u must understand that u wil be playing stuff at low-medium, maybe some at high settings, now if u could get 200 AUD for the GPU like a r9 270x or a GTX 760 u would be much better
    to the CPU i would not touch, its a good budget one, as for the Ram i would suggest u get 8gb of ram if u are making that GPU upgrade if u arent just stick with 4gb because u wont need 8gb on low/med settings :( sorry to break it to you like this
  4. Yeh I knew this build would never be able to max out settings or anything. But now what I am wondering is if maybe I should wait so I can increase my budget? What would you do? Keep in mind I am not a massive gamer or anything an I am only young so I don't have the cash rolling in but I don't want to spend a whole heap of money on a computer that is well... Shit.
  5. Mate my advise to u is wait, specially because you are not a massive gamer,when u do enter gaming hardcore style and start playing a lot u will want to play at max settings u will want to be pride of your 'machine' :P, my advise to u is wait and gain your money, slowly sure, but its worth it, you dont need to rush in and build your first pc..........keep researching :) see if u can get a bigger budget and wait for big sale weeks like Black friday /Xmas/ Boxing day
  6. Portuguesetechie said:
    Mate my advise to u is wait, specially because you are not a massive gamer,when u do enter gaming hardcore style and start playing a lot u will want to play at max settings u will want to be pride of your 'machine' :P, my advise to u is wait and gain your money, slowly sure, but its worth it, you dont need to rush in and build your first pc..........keep researching :) see if u can get a bigger budget and wait for big sale weeks like Black friday /Xmas/ Boxing day

Ok, no problem. Thanks heaps for your help I really appreciate it! What would be a decent budget to aim for that would allow me to play those high end games at good settings?
  7. Well a gamer's speed spot is normally the 1000 budget margin for the tower and the components inside
    so u can get a 300 dollar GPU like GTX 770 or r9 280x
    a 200-250 dollar CPU like an FX 8350 or an I5 4670k
    8gb of RAM
    and a good motherboard
  8. Portuguesetechie said:
    Well a gamer's speed spot is normally the 1000 budget margin for the tower and the components inside
    so u can get a 300 dollar GPU like GTX 770 or r9 280x
    a 200-250 dollar CPU like an FX 8350 or an I5 4670k
    8gb of RAM
    and a good motherboard

Ok sounds good thanks heaps for your help! By any chance would you be able to do a quick PCPartPicker list for when I do end up buying my computer? If you can would you be able to do it in the Australian "version"?

Thanks heaps for your help I really appreciate it!
  9. Best answer
    http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/2zpFH here mate, now do understand that that build is at 1.1k but u can get a cheaper PSU from XFX, partpicker doesnt have much PSU choice also the ram seems to be a little expensive in AUD
    If u want to reduce a bit go for the GTX 760
    This build is just a guideline :)
  10. Awesome thanks heaps! :pt1cable:
  11. :P no problem
  12. Portuguesetechie said:
    http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/2zpFH here mate

He didn't put a monitor and o.s. in here,so keep that in mind.

Something like the next would for just $100 more,
    http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/2zqOg
  13. Vic 40 said:
    Portuguesetechie said:
    http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/2zpFH here mate

He didn't put a monitor and o.s. in here,so keep that in mind.

Something like the next would for just $100 more,
    http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/2zqOg

Yeh I already knew that. But thank you very much
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Computers Monitors Systems Build