Tags:
  • Gaming
  • Computers
  • Monitors
  • Systems
  • Build
Last response: in Systems
January 10, 2014 2:26:45 PM

Hey! I am planning on building a gaming based computer. My budget is about $750 including a monitor and OS.

Approximate Purchase Date: Within the next month.
Budget Range: $650 - $800 Including a monitor and OS
System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Surfing the net, Watching Movies (not so much but I will do it sometimes)
Preferred Websites for Parts: Anything in Australia; Mwave, PCcasegear, etc,.
Parts Preferences: Don't care
Overclocking: Probably Not
SLI or Crossfire: No
Your Monitor Resolution: The monitor I plan to get is 1920 x 1080

Ok so I already have a build in mind, this is what i have so far:

http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/2z6AX

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor $139.00 PCCaseGear

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard $79.00 Mwave Australia

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $60.99 Mwave Australia

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $69.00 CPL Online

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7770 1GB Video Card $99.00 CPL Online

Case: Cooler Master K380 ATX Mid Tower Case $54.00 CPL Online

Power Supply: Silverstone Strider Essential 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply $59.00 CPL Online

Total: $559.99

The monitor I plan on getting is the ASUS VS247HR 23.6" 2ms HDMI Full HD LED Monitor.

So basically what I would like to know is can i make this build cheaper. With the case it is not set in stone I am still kind of looking around. I really like the look of the Cougar Volant Black Mid Tower. And yeh so if anyone has any advice or suggestions they would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

More about : 750 aud time build monitor

a b 4 Gaming
January 10, 2014 2:30:39 PM

Well mate first things first, u got 4gb of ram, now high end games like BF4 Crysis 3 ACblack flag will suffer if they have under 8gb of ram avaiable at 1080p, not sure what games u want to play
Next: U got a micro-atx motherboard on a Mid tower case, i mean its not a big deal but u got a motherboard designed for a micro atx case on a mid case and that simply means u got a lot of room, most ppl use ATX boards on mid tower cases to take full potential but this one is just fine
If u want to make it cheaper i first have to ask what kind of games u are going to use it for...........
m
l
January 10, 2014 2:52:42 PM

Portuguesetechie said:
Well mate first things first, u got 4gb of ram, now high end games like BF4 Crysis 3 ACblack flag will suffer if they have under 8gb of ram avaiable at 1080p, not sure what games u want to play
Next: U got a micro-atx motherboard on a Mid tower case, i mean its not a big deal but u got a motherboard designed for a micro atx case on a mid case and that simply means u got a lot of room, most ppl use ATX boards on mid tower cases to take full potential but this one is just fine
If u want to make it cheaper i first have to ask what kind of games u are going to use it for...........

Ok well I would like to play games like AC black flag, COD Ghosts and stuff like Watch Dogs when it comes out so I guess I need 8gb ram now. What would you recommend?

Thanks heaps for your help!
m
l
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
January 10, 2014 3:01:14 PM

Well i just want to make sure of one thing, u do know that with the HD7770 u wont be playing BF4 at ultra with decent FPSs dont u? http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/battlefield_4_vga_... look at your resolution the HD 7970 only gets 30 fpss at ultra
now if u want to stay with this build then u must understand that u wil be playing stuff at low-medium, maybe some at high settings, now if u could get 200 AUD for the GPU like a r9 270x or a GTX 760 u would be much better
to the CPU i would not touch, its a good budget one, as for the Ram i would suggest u get 8gb of ram if u are making that GPU upgrade if u arent just stick with 4gb because u wont need 8gb on low/med settings :(  sorry to break it to you like this
m
l
January 10, 2014 3:22:53 PM

Yeh I knew this build would never be able to max out settings or anything. But now what I am wondering is if maybe I should wait so I can increase my budget? What would you do? Keep in mind I am not a massive gamer or anything an I am only young so I don't have the cash rolling in but I don't want to spend a whole heap of money on a computer that is well... Shit.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
January 10, 2014 3:53:23 PM

Mate my advise to u is wait, specially because you are not a massive gamer,when u do enter gaming hardcore style and start playing a lot u will want to play at max settings u will want to be pride of your 'machine' :p , my advise to u is wait and gain your money, slowly sure, but its worth it, you dont need to rush in and build your first pc..........keep researching :)  see if u can get a bigger budget and wait for big sale weeks like Black friday /Xmas/ Boxing day
m
l
January 10, 2014 6:09:20 PM

Portuguesetechie said:
Mate my advise to u is wait, specially because you are not a massive gamer,when u do enter gaming hardcore style and start playing a lot u will want to play at max settings u will want to be pride of your 'machine' :p , my advise to u is wait and gain your money, slowly sure, but its worth it, you dont need to rush in and build your first pc..........keep researching :)  see if u can get a bigger budget and wait for big sale weeks like Black friday /Xmas/ Boxing day

Ok, no problem. Thanks heaps for your help I really appreciate it! What would be a decent budget to aim for that would allow me to play those high end games at good settings?
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
January 11, 2014 2:27:28 AM

Well a gamer's speed spot is normally the 1000 budget margin for the tower and the components inside
so u can get a 300 dollar GPU like GTX 770 or r9 280x
a 200-250 dollar CPU like an FX 8350 or an I5 4670k
8gb of RAM
and a good motherboard
m
l
January 11, 2014 2:53:30 AM

Portuguesetechie said:
Well a gamer's speed spot is normally the 1000 budget margin for the tower and the components inside
so u can get a 300 dollar GPU like GTX 770 or r9 280x
a 200-250 dollar CPU like an FX 8350 or an I5 4670k
8gb of RAM
and a good motherboard

Ok sounds good thanks heaps for your help! By any chance would you be able to do a quick PCPartPicker list for when I do end up buying my computer? If you can would you be able to do it in the Australian "version"?

Thanks heaps for your help I really appreciate it!
m
l

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
January 11, 2014 3:02:28 AM

http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/2zpFH here mate, now do understand that that build is at 1.1k but u can get a cheaper PSU from XFX, partpicker doesnt have much PSU choice also the ram seems to be a little expensive in AUD
If u want to reduce a bit go for the GTX 760
This build is just a guideline :) 
January 11, 2014 3:31:12 AM

Awesome thanks heaps! :pt1cable: 
m
l