Solved

Gtx 770 sli vs gtx 780

Hi I am currently up for an upgrade on my pc spec currently these are my spec http://pcpartpicker.com/b/Ka1 I plan to upgrade to sli 770 or should I just get a gtx 780? I dont mind the heat and power consumption so please help me.
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about gtx 770 sli gtx 780
  1. The 2 x 770 SLI is going to be the more powerful solution but really a GTX780 would be overkill for your single monitor.
  2. rolli59 said:
    The 2 x 770 SLI is going to be the more powerful solution but really a GTX780 would be overkill for your single monitor.


    Im actually running two monitors the other is an lg tv I got awhile back. So I should get dual gtx 770 over a single gtx 780?
  3. There are PROS and CONS to both methods.

    The SLI will give higher performance, but is more prone to stutter, and costs a little more.

    My advice is to get THIS card:
    EVGA GTX780 967Hz model (with ACX cooler)

    As for TWO monitors, it doesn't matter if one's a non-gaming monitor and I wouldn't recommend gaming with only two of them as the gap is in the middle.

    If you had THREE it would be a different story, but then I'd be recommending at least 3GB per GPU anyway thus a 2x780 or 2x(GTX770 4GB).
  4. photonboy said:
    There are PROS and CONS to both methods.

    The SLI will give higher performance, but is more prone to stutter, and costs a little more.

    My advice is to get THIS card:
    EVGA GTX780 967Hz model (with ACX cooler)


    Yeah that was on my mind but Im willing to take the risk or should I just save money and only buy a single gtx 770? or spend the money for the extra performance.
  5. Best answer
    With the 2 monitors (TV) you are still only going to be gaming on one so the demand for the second one is not huge. Really it is up to you but the 2 x770 is quite a bit stronger
  6. rolli59 said:
    With the 2 monitors (TV) you are still only going to be gaming on one so the demand for the second one is not huge. Really it is up to you but the 2 x770 is quite a bit stronger


    Thank you for your input but I will most likely save money and only buy one 770 and use that money for a different case.
  7. Masterking33 said:
    rolli59 said:
    With the 2 monitors (TV) you are still only going to be gaming on one so the demand for the second one is not huge. Really it is up to you but the 2 x770 is quite a bit stronger


    Thank you for your input but I will most likely save money and only buy one 770 and use that money for a different case.

    That is basically what I would do.
Ask a new question

Read More

Gtx Graphics Cards SLI Graphics