Fx 6300 better cooling setup

zachparr2442

Honorable
Dec 28, 2013
Im running stable hours into prime95 with core temp max at 61.3c and average 55.3c with socket temp at 65c max and 62c average with the voltage i have it set to 1.428 but under load it jumps to 1.452 so question is how can i get lower temps(i know mine are good just want a little lower) and why is my voltage a little (im fine with it cause its doing the job now just wondering)

fx 6300(4.5oc)
Corsiar cx500
ASUS M5A97 R2.0
8gb of Corsair vengeance 1866
1tb WD black
120gb SSD Samsung Evo
Corsair h60 push pull
Radeon 5830
raidmax atlas case

Solution
How about oil cooled setup? (lol)

Well, with the liquid cooling you have, I can say that investing more money into cooling is not worth it since it would bring little improvement if any. Look, I am not saying you won't notice the difference with better cooling, I am just saying, its not worth spending $100 for just 4-5°C difference.

You can get lower temperature by better case with better airflow or a powerful liquid cooling kit (Maybe something like H100i, not sure if its supported by your motherboard or not). Possibly a custom loop would do it, but its rather risky I heard as a mistake can be fatal for system and is expensive too.

This is just my opinion. :)

How about oil cooled setup? (lol)

Well, with the liquid cooling you have, I can say that investing more money into cooling is not worth it since it would bring little improvement if any. Look, I am not saying you won't notice the difference with better cooling, I am just saying, its not worth spending $100 for just 4-5°C difference.

You can get lower temperature by better case with better airflow or a powerful liquid cooling kit (Maybe something like H100i, not sure if its supported by your motherboard or not). Possibly a custom loop would do it, but its rather risky I heard as a mistake can be fatal for system and is expensive too.

This is just my opinion. :)

Solution

zachparr2442

Honorable
Dec 28, 2013
i actually was looking at my setup last night and i notice i didn't have the pump of the H60 plugged into the right area and it was only at 2000rpm plugged into the cpu socket and bam went up to 4000rpm plus i flipped my radiator and move the hoses now highest temp was 57c and average was 52c in prime95 at 4.5ghz