Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

the best CPU cooler for Intel Core i7-4770K Haswell?

Last response: in Components
Share
January 11, 2014 1:16:57 PM

Im getting
Case: Fractal Design Define R4
Mobo: Asus Sabertoth Z87
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K Haswell

what are some of the best CPU coolers for it?
are liquid coolers good too? I never built computers before so I don't know if liquid coolers are okay for my build.

i'm not going to OC so are liquid coolers necessary?
a b à CPUs
January 11, 2014 1:20:36 PM

You are not going to OC but you buy an expensive K series CPU meant for overclocking and an expensive overclocking mobo? And liquid cooling are never necessary, fan coolers does the same job without the risk of leakage, a cheap cooler like 212 evo will do the job fine
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
January 11, 2014 1:21:10 PM

if youre not going to OC, then you dont need a liquid cooler, you can just pick up a cooler master 212 evo, its amazingly cheap and preforms very well.
m
0
l
Related resources
January 11, 2014 1:40:14 PM

bnn said:
You are not going to OC but you buy an expensive K series CPU meant for overclocking and an expensive overclocking mobo? And liquid cooling are never necessary, fan coolers does the same job without the risk of leakage, a cheap cooler like 212 evo will do the job fine


heisnburg said:
if youre not going to OC, then you dont need a liquid cooler, you can just pick up a cooler master 212 evo, its amazingly cheap and preforms very well.


wait never mind about the OCing, when my brother is using the computer, he said he is going to overclock so i need to.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
is this a good cooler?

and is this the only cooler I need for the CPU?
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
January 11, 2014 1:54:46 PM

andrewkim9711 said:
bnn said:
You are not going to OC but you buy an expensive K series CPU meant for overclocking and an expensive overclocking mobo? And liquid cooling are never necessary, fan coolers does the same job without the risk of leakage, a cheap cooler like 212 evo will do the job fine


heisnburg said:
if youre not going to OC, then you dont need a liquid cooler, you can just pick up a cooler master 212 evo, its amazingly cheap and preforms very well.


wait never mind about the OCing, when my brother is using the computer, he said he is going to overclock so i need to.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
is this a good cooler?

and is this the only cooler I need for the CPU?


Noctua is a very nice brand i got 2 case fans myself and yes you will only need 1 cpu cooler but recommending this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
0
l

Best solution

a b à CPUs
January 11, 2014 10:44:49 PM

I am currently running a 4770k at 4.3ghz at 1.76 volts stable with an NH-D14. now that the cpu has been in use for a week my temps are 62 degrees low core 67 degrees high core. A week ago when brand new all were about 5 to 7 degrees higher at full load prime 95. NH-D14 is very good however it is not good enough to get me to 4.4 ghz as my temperatures start hitting mid 80's at 1.2 volts and that's out of my personal comfort range.

The Noctua cooler even comes with decent thermal paste which is nice.
Share
April 5, 2014 5:18:29 AM

Bonecrushrr said:
I am currently running a 4770k at 4.3ghz at 1.76 volts stable with an NH-D14. now that the cpu has been in use for a week my temps are 62 degrees low core 67 degrees high core. A week ago when brand new all were about 5 to 7 degrees higher at full load prime 95. NH-D14 is very good however it is not good enough to get me to 4.4 ghz as my temperatures start hitting mid 80's at 1.2 volts and that's out of my personal comfort range.

The Noctua cooler even comes with decent thermal paste which is nice.


Question - Are those temperatures in Celsius or Fahrenheit? Also, 1.76 volts? Isn't that dangerously high for a CPU? I was under the impression 1.3 Volts was as high as you should take it.

m
0
l
April 9, 2014 12:57:12 PM

1.76 seems high for that clock speed.
m
0
l
!