Solved

Bottlenecking? need help ASAP Thanks

Hello everyone i have a problem so i just bought this computer and here are the specs OPERATING SYSTEM:
Windows 2.6.2.9200
CPU TYPE:
Intel® Core™ i7-3770T CPU @ 2.50GHz
CPU SPEED:
2.49 GHz
SYSTEM MEMORY:
8.55 GB
VIDEO CARD MODEL:
AMD Radeon HD HD7850M
VIDEO CARD MEMORY:
4.29 GB
VIDEO CARD DRIVER:
aticfx32.dll
DESKTOP RESOLUTION:
1920x1080
HARD DISK SIZE:
976.43 GB
HARD DISK FREE SPACE:
768.23 GB (79%)
DOWNLOAD SPEED:
2.24 MB/s (17.9 mbps)
On youtube videos i see the 7850 running games like bf3 and others on ultra 60fps whereas i struggle with mixed settings at 40 fps please can someone help me and tell me whats wrong?
13 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about bottlenecking asap
  1. that is because you have a laptop, a 7850M is much less powerful than a regular 7850, i get 40-60 fps with my regular 7850 on bf3 ultra.
  2. babachicken said:
    that is because you have a laptop, a 7850M is much less powerful than a regular 7850, i get 40-60 fps with my regular 7850 on bf3 ultra.


    Its an all in one desktop
  3. Best answer
    Yeah, same thing really, an all in one desktop is basically a laptop inside, it does not have a desktop tower dedicated GPU.
  4. :( is there anyway to overclock anything to get a better performance?
  5. babachicken said:
    Yeah, same thing really, an all in one desktop is basically a laptop inside, it does not have a desktop tower dedicated GPU.

    :( is there anyway to overclock anything to get a better performance?
  6. well, i guess you can try msi afterburner, but all in ones really skimp on motherboard and psu power and performance, overclocking will be risky.

    im sorry, but i myself do not recommend all in ones, if you can you should return it. :P
  7. babachicken said:
    well, i guess you can try msi afterburner, but all in ones really skimp on motherboard and psu power and performance, overclocking will be risky.

    im sorry, but i myself do not recommend all in ones, if you can you should return it. :P

    Thanks for the advice, i am planning on keeping this as its the best i can get in stores for a 1300 price, and as (im 16) my father doesnt understand the concept of building a computer (which was my original plan) nor did he want to buy one online.
  8. Erminz48212 said:
    babachicken said:
    well, i guess you can try msi afterburner, but all in ones really skimp on motherboard and psu power and performance, overclocking will be risky.

    im sorry, but i myself do not recommend all in ones, if you can you should return it. :P

    Thanks for the advice, i am planning on keeping this as its the best i can get in stores for a 1300 price, and as (im 16) my father doesnt understand the concept of building a computer (which was my original plan) nor did he want to buy one online.

    heh, i went throught the same thing too, im 15. and i had to buy an HP computer, i was able to persuade my parents in getting me a new PSU and GPU. well, i had to pay but still :D

  9. heh, i went throught the same thing too, im 15. and i had to buy an HP computer, i was able to persuade my parents in getting me a new PSU and GPU. well, i had to pay but still :D
  10. babachicken said:
    heh, i went throught the same thing too, im 15. and i had to buy an HP computer, i was able to persuade my parents in getting me a new PSU and GPU. well, i had to pay but still :D


    Haha im a little bit too scared to ask him to return it after all i went through convincing him to buy it but i think that is my best option, persistence is key.
  11. but the thing is with an all in one, there are almost no possible upgrades that can be done, so there is no real future proofing possible.
  12. Erminz48212 said:
    Thanks for the advice, i am planning on keeping this as its the best i can get in stores for a 1300 price, and as (im 16) my father doesnt understand the concept of building a computer (which was my original plan) nor did he want to buy one online.

    $1,300 is a pretty good budget. You can buy a good pre-built desktop system, as well as an IPS monitor with that budget.
    There are many companies that build gaming desktops; or you can have one built for you in a local shop. Then add your own high quality monitor... and you will have a much better computer for the same price.

    I know you convinced your father to buy you a computer..., but I'm sure if you admitted your mistake he'd understand.

    * Explain to him that what you got does not really handle games, and the whole reason you bought a computer was for games.
    * Tell him you didn't know that an all-in-one was so limited.
    * Explain to him that many of us on this forum suggested that you return the all-in-one get a desktop instead -- and in the long run a desktop will be a better use of his money.
    * Tell him many companies sell pre-built gaming systems within your budget or you can have one built locally (so you don't have to mess with the insides).

    P.S. I'm short on time, so could some of the other people here suggest some good places to buy a gaming system on his budget (if you are willing to return it)?
  13. go to microcenter of you can, or buy one prebuilt from iBuyPower.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics