Solved

Fast and safe Raid Configuration

im looking for a raid configuration that is fast like raid 0 (like 2 ssds but backs up on say a nightly basis to a safe hdd. is it possible and if yes then how?

thanx for the help
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about fast safe raid configuration
  1. raid 10 is probably what your after. it has the benefits of raid 0 with the redundancy of raid 1.
    problem is there is no raid array that works in the way you want.
    raid 10 mirrors the raid 0 drives there and then. it doesnt wait till a set time to do it.
  2. HEXiT said:
    raid 10 is probably what your after. it has the benefits of raid 0 with the redundancy of raid 1.
    problem is there is no raid array that works in the way you want.
    raid 10 mirrors the raid 0 drives there and then. it doesnt wait till a set time to do it.


    i dont mind when it backs up or what it does. as long as i dont loose all my data if one ssd gives out :P how would i set something like that up?
  3. as far as i know you cant raid 2 ssd's then mirror them to a hdd. i could be wrong but i think you may be out of luck.
  4. ok. so you would recomend raid 10?
  5. Best answer
    yes, but the mirror drive will have to be x2 the size of the raid 0 array drives... so if the raid 0 is 2x 1tb you will need a 2tb drive to mirror to.
  6. HEXiT said:
    yes, but the mirror drive will have to be x2 the size of the raid 0 array drives... so if the raid 0 is 2x 1tb you will need a 2tb drive to mirror to.


    Alright. Thank you :)
  7. also make sure your board supports raid 10. most that support raid 0 and 1 will support raid 10 but its still wise to check.
  8. yes, if you look at the specs on the asus site it says Support Raid 0, 1, 5, 10
  9. HEXiT said:
    yes, if you look at the specs on the asus site it says Support Raid 0, 1, 5, 10


    Awesome. Thank you
Ask a new question

Read More

NAS / RAID Configuration Storage