Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

CPU heat question

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Cooling
  • Intel i5
  • Heat
Last response: in CPUs
Share
January 11, 2014 11:12:27 PM

Hey guys. I'm using a i5 3470 with it's stock cooler, now when I have basically a lot of Firefox tabs open and just surfing the web it's at 41-42c.

Isn't it supposed to be a little cooler?

More about : cpu heat question

a c 85 à CPUs
January 11, 2014 11:26:05 PM

that's ok on stock. tiny but warm, would be more expecting 38-40, but what's your case temp like?
m
0
l
January 11, 2014 11:36:31 PM

13thmonkey said:
that's ok on stock. tiny but warm, would be more expecting 38-40, but what's your case temp like?

28c
m
0
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
January 11, 2014 11:50:25 PM

Might sound dumb but make sure your Cpu cooler is plugged into the right socket on your board happen to my buddy once and by him doing that the fan wasnt running like it should have
m
0
l
January 11, 2014 11:54:43 PM

zachparr2442 said:
Might sound dumb but make sure your Cpu cooler is plugged into the right socket on your board happen to my buddy once and by him doing that the fan wasnt running like it should have


What do you mean into the right socket?
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
January 12, 2014 12:15:18 AM

Turn off Hardware Accel on both FireFox and Flash.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
January 12, 2014 1:15:24 AM

Make sure you CPU cooler is plugged into the CPU Fan Socket and not at chassis fan socket
m
0
l
January 12, 2014 2:04:24 AM

No CPU has ever been damaged from running at 42C.
m
0
l
a c 85 à CPUs
January 12, 2014 4:28:19 AM

bryanl said:
No CPU has ever been damaged from running at 42C.


like I said, tiny bit high, but nothing to worry about. far more interested in load temps
m
0
l
January 12, 2014 7:11:20 AM

bryanl said:
No CPU has ever been damaged from running at 42C.


Yeah, I know. But this is not what I expected when it's on idle.

Also around 58c while playing GTA IV
m
0
l

Best solution

a c 85 à CPUs
January 12, 2014 8:43:56 AM

MrFoool said:
bryanl said:
No CPU has ever been damaged from running at 42C.


Yeah, I know. But this is not what I expected when it's on idle.

Also around 58c while playing GTA IV


that's fine.
Share
January 13, 2014 10:16:43 AM

Thanks guys
m
0
l
!