FX 4100 Overclocking

So I've had my FX 4100 for quite a while now, and I've had it overclocked the past year or so. I've just been increasing the multiplier, not messing much with the bus speed. I'm curious, could I get a higher overclock by mixing the bus speed and multiplier? I have it stable at 4.6, doesn't go past 65c on Prime95 for 14 hours. I have a Corsair H60 with an extra fan for push/pull. Specs in signature.
Edit: I'm just starting Prime95, but I have a good feeling about getting 4.7 ghz tonight... I cannot wait for my 8320.
Edit... again: Okay, it's staying under 50c. This new fan for push/pull is helping a lot.

Solution
The multiplier multiplies FSB...

If your FSB is 200 and your multiplier is 17 then your CPU speed is 3400mhz or 3.4ghz. Im not sure what else you could be asking... There is no CPU bus speed its just FSB.
I meant I have it stable at 4.6. Typo. Also, 3.7 is barely an overclock. I know how to overclock, I have it overclocked, I can overclock it more, it's stable, I know what I'm doing, I'm asking one question. Is there any reason to mix both bus speed and multiplier? That is it. That is my only question.

Heroesneverquit

Honorable
Feb 13, 2013
If your reffering to the FSB then it would effect everything else and yes the multiplier multiplys by the FSB speed...

Now your FSB can be seperate from the GPU bus speed.

Also just google north bridge bus speed... From what I learned from the front-side bus wiki in 3-5minutes the front-side bus carrys data between the cpu and the northbridge. So there is no north bridge bus speed... As thats the same as FSB as far as I know.

Heroesneverquit

Honorable
Feb 13, 2013
The multiplier multiplies FSB...

If your FSB is 200 and your multiplier is 17 then your CPU speed is 3400mhz or 3.4ghz. Im not sure what else you could be asking... There is no CPU bus speed its just FSB.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS