Solved

Will increasing the fan speed lower my cpu temp?

Hi I wanted to know if I increase my cpu fan speed with cpu temp drop? And do I change the speed in the bios?
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about increasing fan speed lower cpu temp
  1. Best answer
    Well, yes, increasing your fan speed will most likely result in a cooler CPU temperature. You can change the fan speed in the BIOS if you want to, yes.
  2. apcs13 said:
    Well, yes, increasing your fan speed will most likely result in a cooler CPU temperature. You can change the fan speed in the BIOS if you want to, yes.


    Ok thanks
  3. Mets12345678 said:
    apcs13 said:
    Well, yes, increasing your fan speed will most likely result in a cooler CPU temperature. You can change the fan speed in the BIOS if you want to, yes.


    Ok thanks


    You're welcome, if you need help doing that just ask me and don't forget to pick an answer when you've found one
  4. there is a little more to it than just fan speed.were your temps always like this or is this a recent development? what,exactly,are your temps? what are your system specs as well?
  5. aldan said:
    there is a little more to it than just fan speed.were your temps always like this or is this a recent development? what,exactly,are your temps? what are your system specs as well?


    The OP didn't say that there were any issues with temps, nor did they even mention any issues or temperatures whatsoever. Since they asked this question, one can assume that there may be temp issues, but the OP didn't mention that.
  6. so if you had no issues.........why would you want to know about raising fan speeds? further to that its likely he will have no settings in bios to set fan speeds.not at all trying to get into a pissing match here but more info is needed before making any kind of pronouncement.
  7. aldan said:
    so if you had no issues.........why would you want to know about raising fan speeds? further to that its likely he will have no settings in bios to set fan speeds.not at all trying to get into a pissing match here but more info is needed before making any kind of pronouncement.


    I agree there must be some reason, but the OP's question was if you raised speeds, would it lower temps, and could you do it in BIOS. The simple answer to that simple question is yes to both. I don't know why you're saying that it is likely he will have no settings in BIOS for that, the fan speeds are set and regulated by the motherboard's BIOS, so of course you can control them in the BIOS.
Ask a new question

Read More

Fan Speed Speed CPUs