Solved

Confused which graphic card to purchase

Hello all,

please help me which graphic card to purchase for my gaming rig.
My rig follows..

1. AMD FX 8350
2. Asus M5A97 EVO R2.0 mobo
3. G.Skill RipjawX 4gb x2 (1600mhz)
4. Corsair 550w psu
5. Dell S2240L 21.5 inch (IPS) Led Monitor.
6. Antec V1 Cabinet (if graphic card size matters).

Right now i am using old graphic card which is Nvidia 210GT 2gig ddr3

Im thinking to purchase a DDR5 graphic card i have 3 graphic card on mind which is.

1. Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7870 HDMI OC Edition 2 GB GDDR5.
2. MSI AMD R9 270X GAMING 2G 2 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card.

Please help me out with it im willing to pay 200$ for the graphic card.
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about confused graphic card purchase
  1. They're pretty much exactly the same in terms of performance (not the "specific" ones you mentioned) see:

    http://gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-R9-270X-vs-Radeon-HD-7870

    Just get the cheapest or one with the better cooler (or one that looks the best). This is assuming you ware deciding between a 7870 or r9 270x
  2. both are almost identical cards, i'd pick whichever is cheaper or the sapphire otherwise
  3. Lethal-Injection said:
    They're pretty much exactly the same in terms of performance (not the "specific" ones you mentioned) see:

    http://gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-R9-270X-vs-Radeon-HD-7870

    Just get the cheapest or one with the better cooler (or one that looks the best). This is assuming you ware deciding between a 7870 or r9 270x


    If you have any other graphic card in your mind please let me know.
  4. stabbystab said:
    Lethal-Injection said:
    They're pretty much exactly the same in terms of performance (not the "specific" ones you mentioned) see:

    http://gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-R9-270X-vs-Radeon-HD-7870

    Just get the cheapest or one with the better cooler (or one that looks the best). This is assuming you ware deciding between a 7870 or r9 270x


    If you have any other graphic card in your mind please let me know.



    No, it's just that in your question you said you have 3 graphics cards in mind. At $200 the two you listed would be the best choices I feel.
  5. Lethal-Injection said:
    stabbystab said:
    Lethal-Injection said:
    They're pretty much exactly the same in terms of performance (not the "specific" ones you mentioned) see:

    http://gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-R9-270X-vs-Radeon-HD-7870

    Just get the cheapest or one with the better cooler (or one that looks the best). This is assuming you ware deciding between a 7870 or r9 270x


    If you have any other graphic card in your mind please let me know.



    No, it's just that in your question you said you have 3 graphics cards in mind. At $200 the two you listed would be the best choices I feel.


    Do you think hd 7870 OC edition supports ma mobo?
    because it requires PCI 3.0 but idk if my mobo has PCI 3.0 :/
  6. Best answer
    it doesn't require pci ex 3.0 it works with any pci ex up to and including 3.0. so it will work on motherboards with pci ex 1.0, 1.1, 2.0 and 3.0. no problem whatsoever.
  7. laviniuc said:
    it doesn't require pci ex 3.0 it works with any pci ex up to and including 3.0. so it will work on motherboards with pci ex 1.0, 1.1, 2.0 and 3.0. no problem whatsoever.


    Alright thanks.
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Graphics Cards AMD Graphics