Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Choosing gaming monitor

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
January 13, 2014 12:28:15 AM

Hello , it's me again xD

mmm guys i need your help in choosing gaming monitor

i've read the topic about choosing your monitor and it gave me a headache xD

anyways , i want to know .. what is the best gaming monitor for 27 inch or 24 though i prefer 27 (this is for my friend)

2nd thing i want a second monitor for me that from 30-34 something like that , that gives clear motion and at the same time fast respond

3rd which is the best place to plug your computer to it (HDMI,DVI,VGA) ?

thanks for your time and effort (F)
a b 4 Gaming
a c 78 C Monitor
January 13, 2014 12:41:23 AM

DVI or HDMI are the best inputs to use. HDMI can be used for sound as well as video. What is the budget?
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a c 78 C Monitor
January 13, 2014 12:42:06 AM

the best gaming monitors are 32" 2160p ultra-HD monitors which over in Australia are $4500
m
0
l
Related resources
January 13, 2014 10:44:48 PM

unknownofprob said:
the best gaming monitors are 32" 2160p ultra-HD monitors which over in Australia are $4500


mmm so between DVI and HDMI what is better to us ? + $4500 is too much for a monitor , this is more like T.V cost ^^

full-hd would be nice + 3d budget let says $800 american dollars , and need two monitors one 27 .. and one 30-34 something like that

thanks mate
m
0
l
January 13, 2014 11:09:00 PM

Some of the best monitors I've seen are BenQ and LG. For gaming, you want the lowest response time. So a 1 milisecond monitor or even 2 m/s monitor from either one of those companies will do the trick. But if you don't wanna be too specific, any good 1080p monitor will do as well.


Most professional gaming is done on BenQ monitors.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a c 78 C Monitor
January 14, 2014 12:54:11 AM

I would go DVI as sound isn't a problem for you. Response time isn't a factor but a marketing gimmick, Having a 6ms monitor will look exactly the same. I would go for any Asus or Samsung IPS display monitor. For $800 you can get a Asus 27" QHD Monitor at 1440p, Much better then full HD @1080p. that'll be under $500 and for the second monitor you can anything between 27"-32" @1080p for under $300.
m
0
l
January 14, 2014 2:45:53 AM

Zack Fulmer said:
Some of the best monitors I've seen are BenQ and LG. For gaming, you want the lowest response time. So a 1 milisecond monitor or even 2 m/s monitor from either one of those companies will do the trick. But if you don't wanna be too specific, any good 1080p monitor will do as well.


Most professional gaming is done on BenQ monitors.


i agree .. strongly agree , but BenQ has only 27 inch nothing above it :( 
m
0
l
January 14, 2014 3:03:51 AM

unknownofprob said:
I would go DVI as sound isn't a problem for you. Response time isn't a factor but a marketing gimmick, Having a 6ms monitor will look exactly the same. I would go for any Asus or Samsung IPS display monitor. For $800 you can get a Asus 27" QHD Monitor at 1440p, Much better then full HD @1080p. that'll be under $500 and for the second monitor you can anything between 27"-32" @1080p for under $300.


what do you mean sound isn't problem , i disagree with u .. response time is a good thing ... for Samsung i already bought a TV 40 inch , mmm people thinks BenQ much better
m
0
l

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
a c 78 C Monitor
January 15, 2014 2:08:06 AM

sound as in audio wise, you don't need audio through a cable to the monitor as you probably already have speakers connected. As for Response time it's a touchy subject, Those numbers are generally meaningless because pixel response time is not the same as input lag. I have seen both Samsung, Benq and LG monitors in store, the LG Flatron monitors look terrible (brurry and colour looks odd) and Benq is a bit better but doesn't look that crisp, Samsung on the other hand looks much better and that is what made me buy one over the others.
Share
!