HELP PLEASE FX 6300 r9 280x

Felipe Cardona

Honorable
Jan 12, 2014
Guys im like frustrated by now. read please and help me if you can.
Slowly with some money, i've been building a decent gaming pc, slowly, part by part, but i cant get it to work right!!!!!.
cpu: fx 6300 3.5 hyper evo 212
gpu: r9 280X
case thermaltake v3
power supply corsair cx600m
ram: some cheap 8gb ram.
mobo: msi 970a g43
i have been never totally happy,had an 7850, i just got the r9, not fully working, so changed from thermaltake to corsair psu,thinking maybe that was it, not yet, now i dont know what else to do, i see people with the same games in the same 1080p resolution and fully working, i just dont know what to do!! my results just dont match!! im desperate, i always am like, yes new gpu and thats it, and not, new cpu (changed from x4 955) NOT, new psu then, NOT!!!, i just dont know wtah else to do. crysis is like 20 fps with everything full, people get like >40fps, i dont, with the same cpu. problem is money, i know i7 will do, but im not rich, why people with my same system can and i dont?!!!! please help

Solution
so if I read that correctly, you are experiencing lower gaming performance with that rig in some titles than some others that have a similar setup, and you would like to know what you can do about it?

I suspect that you have a lot of other software and services consuming CPU that would be better put towards increasing your FPS.
-Configure everything that you can (steam, origin, all software that puts an icon in the system tray) so that they do not start with windows. That will improve memory usage and free up some CPU cycles.
-Go through your control panel->programs and features and uninstall everything that you do not need to play the games that you want.
You can install an application like 'gamebooster'...

Felipe Cardona

Honorable
Jan 12, 2014

i have the latest amd drivers, just updated bios this week, cpu is normal temp, already have hw monitor, with crysis 3 the cpu got to 50°c. in hw monitor and core temp shows idle between 15° and 30° , loaded between 40 and 50. other problem is that everest doesnt detect mi temp, only in hw and core temp, but only the general temp, not each core temp, dont know why, and in the bios is like 40° idle, dont know wich tempo is the real?. but i guess core tempo and hw is the real becausethe bios tempo almost never change.

2x4b

Honorable
Oct 28, 2013
so if I read that correctly, you are experiencing lower gaming performance with that rig in some titles than some others that have a similar setup, and you would like to know what you can do about it?

I suspect that you have a lot of other software and services consuming CPU that would be better put towards increasing your FPS.
-Configure everything that you can (steam, origin, all software that puts an icon in the system tray) so that they do not start with windows. That will improve memory usage and free up some CPU cycles.
-Go through your control panel->programs and features and uninstall everything that you do not need to play the games that you want.
You can install an application like 'gamebooster' http://www.razerzone.com/ca-en/gamebooster that will stop non-required system services while you game. This frees up memory and cpy capacity.
-Make sure that when running a game that you shut down any other applications that are running at the same time. Web browsers, monitoring tools, anything that you don't need to run the game.

-Changing the PSU won't make the graphics card run any faster. It either supplies enough power or the system shuts down.
-Change the fan profile on your R9 280X so that it it is noisy and cools the card as much as possible. This will allow the GPU to keep its clock high and do more work.
-Make sure the air flow in your case eliminates the hot air from the GPU and the CPU effectively. Monitor the temperatures and if they are too high you will need to add some case fans.
-Clean your CPU cooler with some compressed air to help with the elimination of waste heat.
Lastly, you may need to invest in some better RAM if you think it is not performing well.

Solution