My HIS 7850 and MSI 7850 will not talk to each other (HELP)

HugMyPig

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014
I have tried two different Crossfire bridges and i have tried switching them around in different pcie slots (i have them in my 16x pcie slots) i have tested them one by one they work just find by them self. I don't know what else to try. Specs are MSI 990fxa-gd80 mobo, AMD 6200fx 3.8 Ghz, 600 GB WD HDD, MSI and HIS 7850's and a 750w Corsair gold PSU Please help me find a fix for this.

Solution
Worst case scenario is that you don't have a crossfire capable motherboard.

otherwise, you need to make sure crossfire profiles are setup for all your different programs

HugMyPig

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014
AMD overdrive doesn't even see the second video card. Msi afterburner can see it but when i start kombuster it only pushes one card (card one 100% card two 2% usage.

Where did you read that?
They'll work but with 2GB of total RAM. The 4GB card will have half its RAM unused.

You've got your facts wrong.
The GPU is different in SLI -- won't work.
GPU is different but class is same in crossfire, will work
RAM will scale to smaller.
Clock speed will scale to smaller.
GPU HAS TO BE SAME for SLI however.
Even the gtx460 and gtx460 v2 will not sli because one GPU is gf104 and other is gf114.

HugMyPig

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014
So I made a profile for BF4 and now both cards are running at about 45%-50% ingame and runs at about 75 fps with "microstudders" that's just a problem with crossfire and sli in bf4 tho. Did the same with War Thunder and it ran just fine with both cards being utilized. Thanks for the help!