Help over 2000 events in event viewer

Rexiile

Honorable
Dec 12, 2013
k so this indian guy that says he works for windows call me randomly and told me check my event viewer he said that i got i trojan or some type of hack into my computer he didnt say it was a virus tho. i think he was a scammer he wanted me to pay 70$ to get it fixed by his technician anyways... i told my friends to check their event viewer they only had like 1 or 2 things i have 2800 so i really need help with this i dont know what to dooooo heres a screen shot http://imgur.com/KCorQ90

Solution

Antivirus.

USAFRet

Titan
k so this indian guy that says he works for windows call me randomly and told me check my event viewer he said that i got i trojan or some type of hack into my computer

That is 100% scam. No question about it.
Microsoft will never call you out of the blue, saying your PC is infected. Never.

Did you allow him remote access into your PC? If so, you probably want to consider a full reinstall, among other things.
If not...ignore it.

Rexiile

Honorable
Dec 12, 2013

nah all he did was guide me threw i didnt give him any info. but still my friend only had 2 events and i got 3k almost so i still think somthings up. thx for reply tho

USAFRet

Titan
Different segments in the Event Viewer may show different things.

My Win7 install currently shows 10.232 'Events' under Applications, dating back to March 16 2010.
Setup shows 1,218 Events for the same time period.

Your Event log does show a lot of errors - "FastFreeCon..." whatever that is. And that should probably be fixed.
But not by some random guy that calls you, claiming to be 'from Windows'.

That is a scam.

Rexiile

Honorable
Dec 12, 2013

any ways i could fix it?

USAFRet

Titan

Malwarebytes
CCleaner
Spybot S&D
Hows the state of your AV?

I've gotten several calls like this and I'm always ready. I have a machine on my network that's been configured for this sole purpose. It's running XP, Vista, Win 7, & just for kicks, FreeBSD, in virtual environments, and can be placed in my DMZ on a moment's notice. Last time, I was able to string the clown along for almost 2 hours before finally letting him off the hook (I've got the "Old Man" that knows nothing about computers schtick down pat :) ). They can't hang up fast enough when I tell them I've recorded everything they did for later forensic analysis :evil:. I've been able to trace all my callers back to India.

Rexiile

Honorable
Dec 12, 2013

AV?

USAFRet

Titan

I sooooo wish these guys would call me. I have a couple of VMs, and a sacrificial laptop, just waiting.

It's more fun then 419baiting.

USAFRet

Titan

I used to have fun with the 'car warranty' guys a couple of years ago.
"Wow, that's interesting"
"My name? John Rumbo"
"That sure sounds like a good price!"
"For my records, what is your company name?"

At the end, I'd say "You do realize the only reason I'm still talking to you is so you don't bother some other poor slob at dinnertime".

USAFRet

Titan

Antivirus.

Solution

Rexiile

Honorable
Dec 12, 2013

pretty sure its expired