Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

$600 budget gaming build for friend, does everything check out?

Tags:
Last response: in Systems
Share
January 13, 2014 6:30:01 PM

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i3-4130 3.4GHz Dual-Core Processor ($129.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Pro3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($94.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($44.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 270 2GB Video Card ($179.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $581.92
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-01-13 21:29 EST-0500)
January 13, 2014 6:32:52 PM

Should do it, though I'd recommend 8 GB of RAM.
m
0
l
Related resources
January 13, 2014 6:34:08 PM

The i3 is actually pretty good for gaming considering it's a dual core. Per core performance is much greater than, say, an FX-6300.

However, probably an FX-6300 is a good alternative for this build, especially with overclocking.
m
0
l
January 13, 2014 6:34:19 PM

SR-71 Blackbird said:
Weak CPU for a gaming setup.


Can I do better with 600 total?
m
0
l
January 13, 2014 6:41:20 PM

Sylvanriv said:
The i3 is actually pretty good for gaming considering it's a dual core. Per core performance is much greater than, say, an FX-6300.

However, probably an FX-6300 is a good alternative for this build, especially with overclocking.


Should I go with that then? I was actually starting off with that but got a funky warning in pcpartpicker about possibly having to update bios for the cpu. Didn't want my friend to have to deal with that.

m
0
l
January 13, 2014 7:15:04 PM

Heislegend said:
Sylvanriv said:
The i3 is actually pretty good for gaming considering it's a dual core. Per core performance is much greater than, say, an FX-6300.

However, probably an FX-6300 is a good alternative for this build, especially with overclocking.


Should I go with that then? I was actually starting off with that but got a funky warning in pcpartpicker about possibly having to update bios for the cpu. Didn't want my friend to have to deal with that.



Get the FX6300 and the ASUS M5A97

pcpartpick is screwed up on that. THAT MOTHERBOARD DOES contain the bios version needed for the FX processors. Dont worry, im running it right now ;) 
m
0
l

Best solution

January 13, 2014 7:20:15 PM

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($109.99 @ TigerDirect)
Motherboard: Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($114.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 270 2GB Video Card ($179.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Enermax ECA3253-BW ATX Mid Tower Case ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($29.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer ($15.99 @ Microcenter)
Total: $605.91
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-01-13 22:20 EST-0500)
Share
January 13, 2014 11:00:51 PM

filippi said:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($109.99 @ TigerDirect)
Motherboard: Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($114.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 270 2GB Video Card ($179.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Enermax ECA3253-BW ATX Mid Tower Case ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($29.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer ($15.99 @ Microcenter)
Total: $605.91
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-01-13 22:20 EST-0500)


That seems like a pretty solid build right there.
m
0
l
January 14, 2014 9:47:35 AM

**this is the best bang for your buck youre prolly going to get in my opinion right at 600$**

120$ processor-AMD FX-6300 Vishera 3.5GHz (4.1GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 95W Six-Core Desktop Processor(5/5 rating)

55$ motherboard-Asus M5A78L-M LX3 Desktop Motherboard - AMD 760G Chipset - Socket AM3+(5/5 rating)

70$ memory-Kingston HyperX Black Series 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory (5/5 rating)

50$ hard drive(refurbished)-Seagate Barracuda ST31000524AS 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive Bare Drive(5/5 rating)

165$ video card-PowerColor AX7870 2GBD5-2DHV4E/OC Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 CrossFireX Support Video Card(5/5 rating)**runs a lil bit above the nvidia gtx 760 in benchmark tests**

95$ tower case-NZXT Source 530 CA-SO530-M1 Matte Black Steel / Plastic ATX Full Tower Computer Case(5/5 rating)

45$ power supply-KINGWIN ABT-750MM 750W ATX 12V v2.2/ BTX SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Power Supply(5/5 rating)

-can find all parts with same price at newegg.com-
m
0
l
!