Pc ($750-$800) or Xbox one

taha2001

Honorable
Jan 6, 2014
Hi guys,
i wanna buy a gaming machine and i was stuck with pc and xbox one.thought u guys would help me out..so here's my question that shall i buy xbox one or pc in budget of $750 to $800.forgot to mention i already have a monitor from my old pc, windows , mouse and keyboard .i would appreciate your help guys. :D

Solution
Below is a reply I posted in a similar thread, but it was between the PS4 and a PC. However, the principle remains the same because you are comparing a console to a desktop PC. Just swap out PS4 and swap in XBone.

The great thing about PCs is that you can custom build it and you can upgrade in the future for better performance.

The great thing about the PS4 is that you simply buy it and start playing games with it. There are no real upgrade options other than probably the size of the hard drive. Everyone who buys the PS4 will basically have the same experience.

-------------------------------------------------------

New games are always released, that is a given.

On a PS4, as long as you buy a PS4 game you will be able to play...
Below is a reply I posted in a similar thread, but it was between the PS4 and a PC. However, the principle remains the same because you are comparing a console to a desktop PC. Just swap out PS4 and swap in XBone.

The great thing about PCs is that you can custom build it and you can upgrade in the future for better performance.

The great thing about the PS4 is that you simply buy it and start playing games with it. There are no real upgrade options other than probably the size of the hard drive. Everyone who buys the PS4 will basically have the same experience.

-------------------------------------------------------

New games are always released, that is a given.

On a PS4, as long as you buy a PS4 game you will be able to play that game. I does not matter if that game comes out this year (2014) or if it comes out in 2019, you will be able to play the game because the hardware does not change. The only time when there is a significant change to the hardware is when they release a new console generation like the PS5.

New PC hardware is always being released, you got CPUs coming from Intel and AMD. You have GPUs coming from AMD and nVidia. Games for PC pushes the performance envelop, because if the current hardware cannot allow you to play the game with maximum graphics quality now, then a year or two that hardware will be available (examples are Crysis and Crysis 3). This means if you want the best performance, you need to upgrade the PC on a regular basis.

PC games released in 2019 will not run very well on a PC built in 2014. PS4 games released in 2019 will run just fine on a PS4 purchased in 2014.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Having stated the above, I do not play console games

Solution