1000$ Total Budget Gaming PC (Need advice!)

rhube11

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014
Hey folks, I plan on buying my PC parts within the next week or so, I just want to make sure everything is compatible.
I'd also love any suggestions anyone has; I'd love to switch anything out that might lower the price a bit without losing too much gaming power. I'd like to run modern games at high/max settings!
Thanks for any help in advance.
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2B0xW

rhube11

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014

Thanks! PCpartpicker shows a message that there may be some sort of compatibility issue between the CPU and motherboard, but it seems that everyone reccomends the same combination (Fx6300 and M5A97), so I don't know why it shows this warning (Warning: These parts have potential issues/incompatibilities. (See details.))

Any idea on that?

Bradaw

Honorable
Jan 7, 2014
Be sure you want to go with Windows 8. If this is a gaming rig, from what I understand, windows 7 is more friendly in that respect.

I just ordered a ton of parts from Amazon myself, I called them up and told them I wanted a 5% discount and free shipping and they gave it to me without asking a question, so that might be worth while for you.

I got all of these parts from Amazon for about $1050. (Note, this doesnt include RAM or the SSD, I already owned those.)

The GPU even comes with a free digital copy of BF4 (which I was going to buy, so i consider that $60 savings)

Case: Corsair Carbide 500R
GPU: Sapphire r9 270x Dual x BF4 edition
CPU: AMD fx8350
MOBO: Asus PRO R2.0 990fx
HDD: Western Digital 1tb 7200 RPM 64 mb cache
PSU: Corsair building series 600w 80 PLUS
Monitor: Asus 24" FULL HD-LED
Writer: Asus 24x DVD RW

Hope this helps!!