Solved

Need help with this Budget Gaming PC Build

I watched a Gaming PC build video and these are the components. Please kindly advise which component can I change out and where to get it.

AMD Athlon X4 750K Processor: http://amzn.to/16BboCC

MSI FM2-A75MA-E35 Motherboard: http://amzn.to/18gKQx8

XFX Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition Graphics Card: http://amzn.to/139Kfc6 (Are there any cheaper GPUs?)

4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 RAM: http://amzn.to/15EjmOe
or 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 RAM: http://amzn.to/13HVP12 (Only playing League of Legends and Maplestory. Would the 4GB Ram suffice?)

500GB Western Digital Caviar Blue Hard Drive: http://amzn.to/1bytfj5 (Can I buy the 320GB Hard Drive instead? Will it be compatible with the Motherboard?)

NZXT Source 210 Case: http://amzn.to/13ZbiIR (Any better casing?)

430W Corsair CX430 Power Supply: http://amzn.to/18UZKsr (Is this the best power supply for the price? Any better ones?)

Also, I will need a Monitor, Windows 7 Installation Disk, Eternet Cable. Am I missing out on any thing else? And please provide me with the links to buy these items.

Thank you.
22 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about budget gaming build
  1. What is your budget? Can get you something put together with everything if I know this :)
  2. My budget is 400USD to 800USD(Not including the monitors and stuff)

    But I want to minimise spending as much as possible :)
  3. That build would be absolutely fine for the games you want to play, 4gb will be enough . Don't go for a cheaper card than a 7770 and you could go for a 320gb as it is compatible if you don't think you'll need the extra space.
  4. Here you go. You should upgrade memory when necessary:

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: AMD FX-4300 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor ($89.99 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: Asus M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($84.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($43.92 @ NCIX US)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.98 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: PowerColor Radeon HD 7790 1GB Video Card ($99.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($42.99 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($44.99 @ Microcenter)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($17.98 @ OutletPC)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($82.99 @ NCIX US)
    Monitor: Asus VS247H-P 23.6" Monitor ($119.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $687.81
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-01-14 18:35 EST-0500)
  5. filippi said:
    Here you go. You should upgrade memory when necessary:

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: AMD FX-4300 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor ($89.99 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: Asus M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($84.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($43.92 @ NCIX US)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.98 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: PowerColor Radeon HD 7790 1GB Video Card ($99.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($42.99 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($44.99 @ Microcenter)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($17.98 @ OutletPC)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($82.99 @ NCIX US)
    Monitor: Asus VS247H-P 23.6" Monitor ($119.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $687.81
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-01-14 18:35 EST-0500)


    May I know how or where can I check the compatibility of the motherboard with the GPU? And is it okay if I leave out the Optical Drive?(I can't do that right? Will need it for installation?)
  6. All Modern GPU's will be compatible with all modern motherboards. You can install Windows from a usb stick which is faster than a disk. You will very rarely use a DVD drive these days so there is no point buying one.
  7. bluehowell said:
    All Modern GPU's will be compatible with all modern motherboards. You can install Windows from a usb stick which is faster than a disk. You will very rarely use a DVD drive these days so there is no point buying one.


    So you are saying that I leave out the Optical Drive and install using a USB stick? (How do I do that?)
  8. Yes the installation will be much faster, here is a guide http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows7/a/install-windows-7-usb.htm
  9. bluehowell said:
    Yes the installation will be much faster, here is a guide http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows7/a/install-windows-7-usb.htm


    Ok. So I just have to buy the DVD and put it in a Flash drive then use it to install it on the Gaming PC?

    And if all the parts and everything is right, I will go ahead and order the stuff right now?
  10. Pretty much, just follow the guide and it will work. Which parts list are you going with?
  11. bluehowell said:
    Pretty much, just follow the guide and it will work. Which parts list are you going with?



    I should be going with the latter one. It has a better CPU and Storage and I am able to afford it :D

    If you were me, would you go for the latter one?
  12. Yes, those are the components I would have picked.
  13. bluehowell said:
    Yes, those are the components I would have picked.


    Okay. Thank you so much. I am going to order the parts now. Will be leaving the Optical Drive out.
  14. I got another question. Let's say I want to get 4GB of Memory. Would the RAM be faster if I bought 2x2GB RAM or 1x4GB RAM? (Does this have something to do with the dual/quad core?)
  15. 2 sticks will be better than one as they will run in dual channel
  16. bluehowell said:
    2 sticks will be better than one as they will run in dual channel



    I doubt there is any 1GB RAM right? So I suppose I can "upgrade" my Memory by adding 2 more 2GB Stick to make it 8GB?
  17. Olivarius said:
    bluehowell said:
    2 sticks will be better than one as they will run in dual channel



    I doubt there is any 1GB RAM right? So I suppose I can "upgrade" my Memory by adding 2 more 2GB Stick to make it 8GB?


    Yes, that is how you would want to do that.
  18. HiTechObsessed said:
    Olivarius said:
    bluehowell said:
    2 sticks will be better than one as they will run in dual channel



    I doubt there is any 1GB RAM right? So I suppose I can "upgrade" my Memory by adding 2 more 2GB Stick to make it 8GB?


    Yes, that is how you would want to do that.


    Thank you!
  19. Got another question, is it alright to remove both Casing Covers to improve airflow? Or does this make it worse?
  20. Probably wouldn't do anything noticeable either way for your build, I would just keep it all together. Being closed allows for a specific path of airflow.
  21. Got a problem, the PowerColor Radeon HD 7790 1GB Video Card is Out of Stock on SuperBiiz.com and I do not live in the US/CA so I can't order from Newegg. And on Amazon, it is too expensive.

    Please help me pick another GPU. Thanks! :D
  22. Best answer
    Olivarius said:
    Got a problem, the PowerColor Radeon HD 7790 1GB Video Card is Out of Stock on SuperBiiz.com and I do not live in the US/CA so I can't order from Newegg. And on Amazon, it is too expensive.

    Please help me pick another GPU. Thanks! :D


    Get the 7770 it is only slight worse than the 7790 but is a bit cheaper and will do fine for the games you want to play.
Ask a new question

Read More

Budget Gaming PC Components Beginner First Build